Entertainment reservations

coloxray

53 minutes ago, Ashland said:

That depends....currently reservations for entertainment is limited to book once onboard.

So once you get onboard you look at the available shows on different nights then check if it's open for reservations?

23 minutes ago, Megamixer said:

So once you get onboard you look at the available shows on different nights then check if it's open for reservations?

Once on board, go into the app and hit refresh then you can go into the daily planner and make reservations.

Upon boarding the Anthem last month, we couldn't figure out how to make reservations on the app.  Someone said to just call them.  We found a nearby house phone, dialed 2323 (may be different on other ships) and were quickly able to book all our entertainment for the entire 12 days.  As the week progressed, we called back a few times to rearrange bookings.  We eventually figured out the app but would have started the cruise very frustrated if we had persevered with the app that first day.   

Glad this topic came up as I had also noticed nothing was showing up in the cruise planner and figure it's been discussed before.

I hear above that reservations for entertainment need to be made through the app once onboard.

Now, if one is sailing in a suite, I think I've heard anecdotes that reserved seating wasn't so much a thing now.  Is this true?  Basically, everyone is in the same situation as needing to reserve entertainment? (If so, it is what it is, just want to know what to expect).

3 hours ago, skagen said:

Now, if one is sailing in a suite, I think I've heard anecdotes that reserved seating wasn't so much a thing now.  Is this true?  Basically, everyone is in the same situation as needing to reserve entertainment?

On the Harmony, when we boarded, the concierge had already pre-booked all the entertainment for us.  She then asked us if we wanted any changes or additions.  It was super easy, and I appreciated that they had taken care of this for us.  Star class would have been nicer, since they have reserved seating.  I think the full suites are still better off as far as reservations are concerned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skagen said:

Glad this topic came up as I had also noticed nothing was showing up in the cruise planner and figure it's been discussed before.

I hear above that reservations for entertainment need to be made through the app once onboard.

Now, if one is sailing in a suite, I think I've heard anecdotes that reserved seating wasn't so much a thing now.  Is this true?  Basically, everyone is in the same situation as needing to reserve entertainment? (If so, it is what it is, just want to know what to expect).

I was extremely disappointed that they eliminated reserved seats for grand, owner suites, upper end suites have reserved seats , not planning on any more rccl cruises. Only shows on our allure that we’re crowded was ice show and comedy club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

On the Harmony, when we boarded, the concierge had already pre-booked all the entertainment for us.  She then asked us if we wanted any changes or additions.  It was super easy, and I appreciated that they had taken care of this for us.  Star class would have been nicer, since they have reserved seating.  I think the full suites are still better off as far as reservations are concerned.

Hey, thanks for that information.  I usually don't touch base with the concierge in advance (one exception being a cabana a few years ago) but I think I'll touch base in advance in hopes of perhaps getting some of the entertainment booked.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...