Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica

smh071

We have the same two stops as part of our mid-February itinerary. I recently read that Grand Cayman imposed new requirements for cruises, which I believe cruise lines will be unable to meet...at least in the short term (primarily because of the first port of call requirement which would seem to require changing a lot of things around). 

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Cayman-Islands-to-welcome-a-cruise-ship-with-conditions

As for Ochos Rios, I believe they are allowing cruises in, but they recently turned away a Princess ship (I think the Emerald) due to positive cases on board. 

I wouldn't bank on Grand Cayman.  Their latest visitor requirements is that all persons entering the Cayman Islands must have a negative Covid test taken the day before arriving.  Additionally, according to the government website, Cayman Islands is currently at phase 4.  The next phase states:

"During Phase 5, unvaccinated children under age 12 will be allowed to travel with vaccinated adult tourists. Cruise tourism remains prohibited.

During the final phase assessment continues of COVID-19 in the local and international contexts to determine when and how to proceed with further relaxation of restrictions, including for cruise tourism."

11 hours ago, geoherb said:

My cruise on the Caribbean Princess was supposed to go to those two ports last month. We went to Belize and Costa Maya instead. We were already scheduled to go to Cozumel. 

Thanks for the information.

Jamaica was open at Christmas (went to Falmouth) and locals bent over backwards to welcome the tourists.  GC stop was cancelled and became a sea day.  Scheduled to go to Grand Cayman next month.  Still on schedule but cruise this week just got cancellation notice.  Doubt our cruise will go either.  If we go may be first cruise back into GC.