Purchasing WiFi - Cruise Planner or Onboard

LorraineP

As a Diamond Plus is it better to purchase WiFi through the cruise planner with 30% off sale or wait until on board & use Diamond plus discount. Cruise is 11 nights & I know we will get 2 free days each both DH & myself. 

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Assuming you want Voom the entire cruise, it's a lot cheaper via the Cruise planner.

Cheaper even with my Diamond Plus discount. On my cruise planner it’s $15.99 or $12.59 one device. Only checking emails etc. No streaming. No movies. 

On board, surf is $17.99/day.  $17.99 * 11 = $197.89 - $51.98 (D+ on board discount) = $145.91

$12.59 (Surf in Cruise Planner) * 11 = $138.49

$138.49 < $145.91 - I guess that is cheaper, not a lot cheaper.  😄

Of course if you wait a couple of days to sign up, on board will be cheaper.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When they said: "Cruise is 11 nights & I know we will get 2 free days each both DH & myself. " it kinda implied it?

You know what happens when you assume?

Granted, in the OPs first reply they did mention one device.

Edited by Another_Critic

Is there a Diamond (not plus) discount?  I do recall getting 1 free day previously, so wondering if that is still available and especially for short 3 day sailings?  I’m thinking just waiting to buy it onboard since Day 1 isn't really needed, day 2 would be free with Diamond, so I would only need to buy for Day 3.  Does that sound right?

13 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

Is there a Diamond (not plus) discount?  I do recall getting 1 free day previously, so wondering if that is still available and especially for short 3 day sailings?  I’m thinking just waiting to buy it onboard since Day 1 isn't really needed, day 2 would be free with Diamond, so I would only need to buy for Day 3.  Does that sound right?

One free 24 hour period of internet per Diamond member.

13 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Assuming you want Voom the entire cruise, it's a lot cheaper via the Cruise planner.

Cheaper even with my Diamond Plus discount. On my cruise planner it’s $15.99 or $12.59 one device. Only checking emails etc. No streaming. No movies. 

13 hours ago, LorraineP said:

As a Diamond Plus is it better to purchase WiFi through the cruise planner with 30% off sale or wait until on board & use Diamond plus discount. Cruise is 11 nights & I know we will get 2 free days each both DH & myself. 

Only looking for 1 device for Anthem 1/31/22  

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Only looking for 1 device for Anthem 1/31/22  

Use the two free D+ days on one C&A account, then buy "rest of voyage" using $51.98 D+ discount on the other account.  

Note that a daily pass is valid for 24 hours (e.g., 3 pm to 3 pm), not necessarily midnight to midnight.