Too late to change to a difference cruise?

MisterOJ2

So my wife and I have a cruise planned for early April. It's already paid off. We planned the trip with another couple, but now the other couple is thinking about canceling. This cruise wasn't our first choice, but one the other couple wanted to do - so we agreed to it. 

Our cruise is already paid off, obviously. But if the other couple bails on us, would Carnival allow us to switch to a different cruise? Or is it too late for that?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 4:08 PM, Cruisesfun65 said:

Carnival is allowing you to switch ship/ sail date for all of 2022 now without penalties. Call them.

Really?  I’m in the same situation and may need to change dates. That’s great to know!

On Friday I cancelled a fully paid for 4/23 Panorama cruise for a full refund. Yesterday I booked the Vista 4/2, got the same category\deck cabin for $400 less. I am sure they would let you switch cruises without penalty too, I hadn’t decided what I wanted to do when I cancelled. You have until February 15th to do it, then all cancellation penalties and change fees will apply, no more do overs.

i am so happy I made the switch, really looking forward to finally cruising again!