Upgrade Email

Reenie75

35 minutes ago, Reenie75 said:

Out of curiosity, when have you heard from MSC on any upgrades on cabin on your cruise?

Never, been on over 10 MSC cruises and never received an email about upgrade. I doubt if I will get one this time considering my Feb 26th - Mar. 5th cruise has been thrown into a Guarantee!

In order to receive the email to bid on an upgrade you need to be sure you check off the box that you’re willing to receive email promotional offers from MSC 

This option is shown when booking your cruise online (not sure how you would do it if you use a TA.)

You could check your preferences when you login to your MSC acct to see if there’s an option to do that. 

I received the offer to upgrade about a week after I made final payment on my Divina November cruise and the day after I booked my Seashore cruise (but that one I booked during the full payment required time)

• Like 1

I got several emails offering upgrades for my 1/23 7 night Meraviglia cruise from a Fantastica Balcony  to a whirlpool suite, Yacht Club inside or Yacht Club Suite. Prices were from around $ 300 - $ 1,100, if I recall. I was not interested.

1 hour ago, Reenie75 said:

Out of curiosity, when have you heard from MSC on any upgrades on cabin on your cruise?

Months in advance the offer came and accepted once 10 days in advance and 2nd time 4 days in advance.

Both were from Bella to Yacht club Grand suite on Seashore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Haven't received anything either. I wonder if maybe they are not sending them to us Canadians?

11 hours ago, styles27 said:

In order to receive the email to bid on an upgrade you need to be sure you check off the box that you’re willing to receive email promotional offers from MSC 

This option is shown when booking your cruise online (not sure how you would do it if you use a TA.)

You could check your preferences when you login to your MSC acct to see if there’s an option to do that. 

I received the offer to upgrade about a week after I made final payment on my Divina November cruise and the day after I booked my Seashore cruise (but that one I booked during the full payment required time)

Mine is checked and still never received one😔

32 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Yes.  As reported several times, first was a savings of $100.  Then resend closer to sailing and it was like $1000 more than direct booking.

That's an important point for any cruise line's upgrade program: it's always worth checking the cost to just call and do a straightforward upgrade before bidding because sometimes you can end up paying more than that upgrade if you bid too much.

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Mine is checked and still never received one😔

Hmm.  I got offers for both weeks of the one 14-day cruise you and I are scheduled for.  I wonder if it's because of the length of your cruise.  Wouldn't surprise me if MSC can only think a week at a time.

• Haha 1