Spain to require booster

Skicruiser55

On 1/18/2022 at 5:38 AM, Skicruiser55 said:

Just read this on the Spain board.   I think this is good news.  https://cruiseradio.net/spain-to-require-booster-shots-for-u-s-visitors/

Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately for me, it pretty much knocks us out of our greatly anticipated May 8 Quest cruise from Rome to Lisbon. 

My husband refuses to get a booster due to some complications from the first shot. I guess we will look for a sailing that goes just to countries that no not require the booster…..for example Italy, where we are right now on a land trip. 

is anyone else concerned by the possibility of being required to take an Azamara excursion to disembark at some ports?  

Does anyone know if this applies to European ports?

Thank you.  

8 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

There are a number of cruise lines going is this direction with booster requirements. I am only guessing , but I can envision more countries taking this direction. 

Absolutely. The list will grow and as all of our original vaccines become "old" we will need to get a booster and provide evidence. 

Phil 

• Like 9

I think the booster requirement is a good idea.  However, with the European cruise season soon to get started, I'm hoping that the EU directive requiring covid positive passengers and any close contacts to be quarantined ashore will be changed to quarantine being allowed onboard.  The Spanish government is particularly active in requiring passengers to quarantine ashore and there have been several cases reported in the Canary Islands and on mainline Spain over the past month or so.  With many insurance companies not covering close contacts who test negative it adds a further dimension to cruising at the moment.

The sooner countries sort out recognised and robust documentation processes for vaccination records the better.  Of course Europe, and no doubt soon the UK, will introduce additional booster requirements is because they put national systems in place so validating entrants to the country is easy.

There are already documented examples of people altering dates on CDC cards, no wonder many countries get nervous.  
The only step I really need now in the UK is for me to have the opportunity to choose to connect my vaccine passport to my travel passport automatically which would make one less thing to carry when travelling. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Roel94 said:

The booster I have but it is on the CDC card Americans have.Many of us just have a photo in phone which does not show the booster shot.

We took a picture of our CDC card which includes our booster.