Covid test requirements

Just now, choochella said:

So, I see where the free at home Covid tests from the US government are now available for ordering. I’m wondering if these are valid tests for embarkation?

No, because they are not proctored by someone over the computer who can attest to the results, they are self administered. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

No, because they are not proctored by someone over the computer who can attest to the results, they are self administered. 

That’s what I figured. Just wasn’t sure of the difference between these and the ones sold by Royal for $69. 

I’m wondering if the proctored Covid tests by Cue are acceptable.  They seem to meet all the requirements per the RCCL website.  They are used by MLB and I believe NBA.  Many school systems use Cue as well.  Highly ranked by the Mayo Clinic.  Only drawback is their cost.  You basically purchase a membership with a monthly fee.  We’re trying it for a year and have added my elderly mother in law to our plan as well.  

Seems to me the the tests by Cue would be okay for embarkation. And given that the folks checking you in are trained to look for name, date and negative, they would be allowed. But, I would go with another result in my back pocket the first time I presented the Cue results paperwork.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, choochella said:

That’s what I figured. Just wasn’t sure of the difference between these and the ones sold by Royal for $69. 

Royal isn't selling any tests. Royal has an affiliate link to tests sold by Optum. Those who buy the tests from Optum after following the link do get a little Royal-specific instruction card about how to present the test results. Nothing really useful.

The tests sold by Optum and eMed are basically the same as the Abbott tests sold at WalMart for about $10 each (was $7 each). The difference in price is for the monitoring.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Royal isn't selling any tests. Royal has an affiliate link to tests sold by Optum. Those who buy the tests from Optum after following the link do get a little Royal-specific instruction card about how to present the test results. Nothing really useful.

The tests sold by Optum and eMed are basically the same as the Abbott tests sold at WalMart for about $10 each (was $7 each). The difference in price is for the monitoring.

I know this at home testing question has been repeated over and over but I'm still freaking out a bit as we have to fly to Florida a few days before our cruise, so we must test when we are there.  I bought the Binax Now Covid 19 test from e Med....a 6 pack for $150.  That's the correct one, right?  Thanks for your patience, all, in answering this question for the millionith time!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lwuest said:

I know this at home testing question has been repeated over and over but I'm still freaking out a bit as we have to fly to Florida a few days before our cruise, so we must test when we are there.  I bought the Binax Now Covid 19 test from e Med....a 6 pack for $150.  That's the correct one, right?  Thanks for your patience, all, in answering this question for the millionith time!!!

Yes, that is the correct one.  Be sure to bring an extra test kit or two with you.  One out of the three test kits they sent me had an empty bottle of liquid so I had to use a different test kit.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2