Just off the Bliss, 01-16-2022

NW Pacific

It was the Mexican Riviera Cruise leaving from San Pedro, CA on January 9th.  Had flight cancels getting there but got there. Left Hotel, Doubletree in San Pedro at 10am , we were in our room, in the Haven, about 1130am.  Shuttle from Hotel dropped us off at testing site, Pier 91 I think?    Our testing had no wait, just walked through, of course stopping to check in, getting tested and results.  Shuttle van from there to Pier check in, we kept our luggage with us, no problem. Got to the white tent for going through security, no line, then onto  checking in, no line.  Heard rumors between 1300 to 1600 passengers?  Ship very very uncrowded, .  Captain only spoke via intercom twice during the cruise giving weather report.  Use to an interacting Captain each morning , but not this time.  Only Production show was Jersey Boys.  Did see Levity Comedy in the theatre, only think 50 people attended.   The bands in the Atrium were good.   Most meals in the Haven, did eat at Cagneys and Italian Restaurant.  We enjoyed our meals,.   The Bars;  had few people the times we were there:    Maltings,  Sugarcane, and the Mixx Bar, (our out of Haven favorite,).  Stopped in all scheduled Ports.  Weather was cool until we got to Cabo, warmed up for Puerto Vallarta and Matzalan, last stop Ensenada, probably about 65 degrees.  We did not do excursions,  but heard others talking about their  fun times off Ship.  We did get off on our own in a couple Ports.  Had the Observation Lounge mostly to ourselves with a beautiful view daily!  Mask requirement was pretty much adhered to.  Staff definitely.  Did not hear about any passengers getting sick or isolated.  Did over hear the Captain giving a briefing to the Staff, (I was eaves dropping at the right place) that 95 crew were isolated.  We were on the fence about going, we did, cruise was nothing like before Covid, but it was great being pampered.  Have no symptoms, feel fine, hopefully will stay so.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

It was the Mexican Riviera Cruise leaving from San Pedro, CA on January 9th.  Had flight cancels getting there but got there. Left Hotel, Doubletree in San Pedro at 10am , we were in our room, in the Haven, about 1130am.  Shuttle from Hotel dropped us off at testing site, Pier 91 I think?    Our testing had no wait, just walked through, of course stopping to check in, getting tested and results.  Shuttle van from there to Pier check in, we kept our luggage with us, no problem. Got to the white tent for going through security, no line, then onto  checking in, no line.  Heard rumors between 1300 to 1600 passengers?  Ship very very uncrowded, .  Captain only spoke via intercom twice during the cruise giving weather report.  Use to an interacting Captain each morning , but not this time.  Only Production show was Jersey Boys.  Did see Levity Comedy in the theatre, only think 50 people attended.   The bands in the Atrium were good.   Most meals in the Haven, did eat at Cagneys and Italian Restaurant.  We enjoyed our meals,.   The Bars;  had few people the times we were there:    Maltings,  Sugarcane, and the Mixx Bar, (our out of Haven favorite,).  Stopped in all scheduled Ports.  Weather was cool until we got to Cabo, warmed up for Puerto Vallarta and Matzalan, last stop Ensenada, probably about 65 degrees.  We did not do excursions,  but heard others talking about their  fun times off Ship.  We did get off on our own in a couple Ports.  Had the Observation Lounge mostly to ourselves with a beautiful view daily!  Mask requirement was pretty much adhered to.  Staff definitely.  Did not hear about any passengers getting sick or isolated.  Did over hear the Captain giving a briefing to the Staff, (I was eaves dropping at the right place) that 95 crew were isolated.  We were on the fence about going, we did, cruise was nothing like before Covid, but it was great being pampered.  Have no symptoms, feel fine, hopefully will stay so.

Glad you had a good experience. 

1 hour ago, Sixtytwo said:

Sounds like a cruise that would spoil me with that few passengers! How will we manage after Covid has gone with a full+ ship???? 😷

We'll figure someway to cope!  However, we're thinking we should book another cruise soon, while there's still uncertainty on the safety of cruising right now.

• Like 2

Is the next cruise headed for Miami via Panama Canal still a go?  Any news  Julie3Fan onboard?   Will add that disembarking on Jan 16th, was super fast, we carried off our luggage, although we had passports in hand, never showed them, it was the facial recognition scan, took 10 seconds and then exited.  Took a cab to LAX, did not notice the cab driver was not masked up util about 10 minutes into drive, urggh, not happy about that, but wasn't about to be asked to be dropped off on freeway!  all still good with us 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Is the next cruise headed for Miami via Panama Canal still a go?  Any news  Julie3Fan onboard?   Will add that disembarking on Jan 16th, was super fast, we carried off our luggage, although we had passports in hand, never showed them, it was the facial recognition scan, took 10 seconds and then exited.  Took a cab to LAX, did not notice the cab driver was not masked up util about 10 minutes into drive, urggh, not happy about that, but wasn't about to be asked to be dropped off on freeway!  all still good with us 

yes the PC run is still a GO.  i leave in the morning...board the ship fri.  cant wait

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Is the next cruise headed for Miami via Panama Canal still a go?  Any news  Julie3Fan onboard? 

I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I'd suppose it's a go. 

Hubby and I briefly kicked around the idea of staying on for the next 2 cruises, B2B LA/Miami/LA, but apparently NCL hasn't dropped the prices at all to entice new bookings.  The CruiseNext desk told me it was $6,000 one leg and $7,000 the other. 

She was totally shocked at how high the fares were and that the ship was only going to be sailing at about 50% capacity.  Oh, well.  It was going to be a major chore getting the medicine we'd need for the next month.  I packed 10 days extra, not 30. 🙂 I guess we'll just be driving home imstead!

We were on that sailing as well, fantastic! We got spoiled real fast walking up whenever and wherever we wanted with no wait time. The crew was absolutely incredible,  everything was amazing!  

We are ready to book another cruise. 

Edited by FBegg
  • Like 1

We’re on the Bliss Feb 4-20, Miami to LA. Very interested to hear your experience on the PC cruise, especially shore excursion and general experiences onboard. 
Thanks for any postings in advance. 

• Like 3