Will the gym be open and launderette on Iona??

CRUISENSNOOZE

4 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

The P&O Covid 19 Hub, updated 7 Jan, says that gyms are operating.  I hope they are and also that the laundrettes are open.  We're on Iona in mid-February, so will know for sure then and will report back.

Hi Mark, Would love to know, as don't want to lug gym gear if not needed....I feel an excuse coming on to be very lazy!!...mind you better keep the baggy clothes for the end of the cruise!!

Chris

26 minutes ago, GremlinOfTheSea said:

Hi! I'm on Iona now and the gyms and launderettes are open 🤩

Thank you Gremlin for that good news. Does it feel more or less back to normal on board? Buffets open now? Do you still need to use App to go to a show? Testing etc?

Thanks, Chris

2 hours ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

Thank you Gremlin for that good news. Does it feel more or less back to normal on board? Buffets open now? Do you still need to use App to go to a show? Testing etc?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris, it is largely back to normal apart from obvious quarantine zones meaning that on some cabin floors you need to go down or up to get across- not really an issue though once you suss it out. The My holiday webpage is being used but in all honesty I love it- shows so easy to book (not all require booking such as those in SkyDome) and also both times I've used the queue system for restaurants it's taken 5 mins despite saying 8 people in the queue etc, so it's really just a case of joining the queue just before you head to the restaurant. Even then, if you forgot to do this you won't be waiting long.

I think Covid has changed the face of holidays for a long while yet, and I came on this one knowing the risks. We are 5 days in and I could weep with joy at being here.  There are about 12+ laundrettes on the ship that I could count at a glance, and the gym is busy (so says my sister). I think only big change is kids clubs, but the measures are well explained to parents in advance of the  holiday itself. 

Get excited, you are going to have a great time ☺️

• Thanks 1

Please can you tell me if you are allowed to get off the ship in ports and wander yourself or do you have to be on an organised tour? 
We went on an MSC ship last July and had to be in an organised tour, not ideal at all. 

41 minutes ago, Foody said:

Please can you tell me if you are allowed to get off the ship in ports and wander yourself or do you have to be on an organised tour? 
We went on an MSC ship last July and had to be in an organised tour, not ideal at all. 

Depends where you are cruising, some Caribbean Islands only allow organised tours, others you can make your own arrangements

Most of Europe allows you to do your own thing.

11 hours ago, GremlinOfTheSea said:

Nice to hear things are returning to some sort of normality😊

please can I ask a couple of questions 

are you still allowed to take a bottle of spirits on board at embarkation?

please can you post a photo of the onboard, drink in yourcabin , prices for bottles of spirits and mixers?

thanks

20 hours ago, GremlinOfTheSea said:

@CRUISENSNOOZE also- forgot to say, for.the current route I'm on only testing being requested in Lisbon, not Madeira, canaries or Cadiz. Same for PLF (aside for UK arrival PLF)

Grem

Thanks Grem for coming back with a detailed report. We are on a Med cruise in March visiting Spain and Lisbon. Our November cruise is around the Canaries and overnight in Lisbon. Hopefully by then Covid will of faded away or at least be more manageable.

Chris

On 1/21/2022 at 1:54 AM, Lindypops said:

Nice to hear things are returning to some sort of normality😊

please can I ask a couple of questions 

are you still allowed to take a bottle of spirits on board at embarkation?

please can you post a photo of the onboard, drink in yourcabin , prices for bottles of spirits and mixers?

thanks

16432345092344003002310050688051.jpg

36 minutes ago, GremlinOfTheSea said:

Also, I bought a bottle of cherry liquor in Portugal and brought it on board without issue. I think if the scanners are port side it's easier; if it's ship side they might challenge loads of booze being brought back on.

That is certainly our experience.