where is chat button?

travellingnana

1 hour ago, generichandle said:

It is only available when someone is there to respond, I think

Maybe so if it is after hours. I kept getting the 'no one available' message but kept clicking and after a few clicks got through.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, travellingnana said:

I'm on hold with Princess  Would just chat, but don't see button.  Help! 

it took me ahwile to find it. All the way at the bottom of the page near the center.

if you are trying the chat feature and not getting a CS rep, keep trying.

I have heard reports that if you have any type of pop-up blocker active that you may not see it.  To me, that doesn't make much sense because that lower menu bar sure seems to be an actual part of the HTML page...but I'm just passing along what I've seen reported!  Don't shoot the messenger! 😄

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have heard reports that if you have any type of pop-up blocker active that you may not see it.  To me, that doesn't make much sense because that lower menu bar sure seems to be an actual part of the HTML page...but I'm just passing along what I've seen reported!  Don't shoot the messenger! 😄

It is ad blockers that block it. Also privacy tools like 'DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials' Site Privacy Protection need to be turned off for the site so that the Live Chat button can be displayed.

Edited by brisalta

This afternoon I tried Firefox which no matter what the Chat button is a no show (disable Ad blocker, disable blocking on ALL tracking, basically like browsing naked).

Chrome the chat button showed but after clicking it all I got were 3 dots that going back and forth without connecting to anything.

Microsoft Edge the chat button showed and it brought up the initial response telling the operating hours but that was it.  No matter how I kept clicking the chat button every 20 - 30 sec, NOTHING ever happens.

Finally use an Android phone and Chrome browser on the phone.  It connected very quickly and got a rep within 2 min.

Unfortunately he could not give me the amount of cancellation fee on a cruise I would cancel next week under CwC - i just want to know how the 50% is calculated, because my recollection was, the port taxes are lumped to the cruise fare, then an added government taxes and fees.  Therefore the actual cruise fare would be less than what is shown on the guest copy / online.  In the past my cruise agent's own invoices used to break it down (so you can see what is commissionable and what is not).  On the relaunch, her invoices no longer show the breakdown.

The chat rep insisted I have to talk to the TA on this. 

Actually on the Android phone, when the chat window show up I tapped on the URL of the window - it is that step that made the connection quickly.  I cannot figure out how to copy the URL on Microsoft Edge.  Else it may work the same way too, instead of just waiting and waiting and waiting but no one ever shows up.