Navigator of the Seas February 21st

We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas out of San Pedro on February 21st.  I was thinking of canceling, but at this time it’s 99% certain that we are going.

I plan to provide live updates and if the Vroom works on board we’ll add pictures.

Hopefully between the next month of preparation and over the seven days of the cruise we can provide answers to some of your questions and concerns.

We booked our room last April and got a wonderful price on an Ocean View Panoramic Suite with no balcony on deck 12.  It had full Suite privileges.  Total cost for two with taxes and pre paid gratuities was $2.900.00.  We used our Bank of America points to pay for $2,000.00 if that.  

We are driving down from Northern California so don’t have to worry about flying and the amount we pack.

The suitcases are out and my wife is buying all  new clothes.  I’m shopping this weekend. None of my suits fit anymore since I dropped 20 pounds so it may be just slacks and polos for dinner.

As of right now the cruise is all paid for, check in is all completed,  except for the health questionnaire and COVID test.  The health questionnaire has to be completed on February 20th.  Our check in time is at 11:30.  I will be checking with the Concierge to see if we can arrive earlier.  We have a room reserved for the 20th at the Crown Plaza with their park and stay with port shuttle.  

We are both vaccinated with boosters and will need to take a rapid test at the earliest on February 19, one month from today.  This has been the most unnerving part of the whole process so we are  over preparing.

We scheduled regular tests at Kaiser for the morning of the 21st.  The results are usually out in less than 48 hours, but it could be longer.  We are going to book Rapid Antigen tests that same morning at CVC.  It’s a 35 mile drive however and you  can only book three weeks out.  Well cancel these if the home tests are successful. 

This morning we ordered two 2-packs of the BiMax Now monitored tests and set up our accounts at NAVICA to complete the test. 

We did purchase the deluxe beverage package last spring at $62.00 plus gratuity.  The regular and sale prices are higher now.  

We were also able to purchase the Unlimited Dinning Plan for $168.00.  It’s much higher now.  $24.00 each a day with seven dinners  five possible lunches, based on the schedule in the App, and credit at Playmakers and Johnny Rockets seems like a pretty good deal.  

The next steps are to concentrate on the packing list and obtaining Supplemental medical and medical evacuation insurance.  Prices range from $40 to $54.

• Like 2

The at home tests work great,  but I'd have 2 for each person incase something goes wrong or you do something like open the swab from the wrong end and touch it,  that will invalid the test and the proctor will stop the test.  so having a backup is important.  Also check out youtube there are a number of videos of people taking the test and it will help you know what to expect thus eliminating errors.   See you aboard!

27 minutes ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas out of San Pedro on February 21st.  I was thinking of canceling, but at this time it’s 99% certain that we are going.

I plan to provide live updates and if the Vroom works on board we’ll add pictures.

Hopefully between the next month of preparation and over the seven days of the cruise we can provide answers to some of your questions and concerns.

We booked our room last April and got a wonderful price on an Ocean View Panoramic Suite with no balcony on deck 12.  It had full Suite privileges.  Total cost for two with taxes and pre paid gratuities was $2.900.00.  We used our Bank of America points to pay for $2,000.00 if that.  

We are driving down from Northern California so don’t have to worry about flying and the amount we pack.

The suitcases are out and my wife is buying all  new clothes.  I’m shopping this weekend. None of my suits fit anymore since I dropped 20 pounds so it may be just slacks and polos for dinner.

As of right now the cruise is all paid for, check in is all completed,  except for the health questionnaire and COVID test.  The health questionnaire has to be completed on February 20th.  Our check in time is at 11:30.  I will be checking with the Concierge to see if we can arrive earlier.  We have a room reserved for the 20th at the Crown Plaza with their park and stay with port shuttle.  

We are both vaccinated with boosters and will need to take a rapid test at the earliest on February 19, one month from today.  This has been the most unnerving part of the whole process so we are  over preparing.

We scheduled regular tests at Kaiser for the morning of the 21st.  The results are usually out in less than 48 hours, but it could be longer.  We are going to book Rapid Antigen tests that same morning at CVC.  It’s a 35 mile drive however and you  can only book three weeks out.  Well cancel these if the home tests are successful. 

This morning we ordered two 2-packs of the BiMax Now monitored tests and set up our accounts at NAVICA to complete the test. 

We did purchase the deluxe beverage package last spring at $62.00 plus gratuity.  The regular and sale prices are higher now.  

We were also able to purchase the Unlimited Dinning Plan for $168.00.  It’s much higher now.  $24.00 each a day with seven dinners  five possible lunches, based on the schedule in the App, and credit at Playmakers and Johnny Rockets seems like a pretty good deal.  

The next steps are to concentrate on the packing list and obtaining Supplemental medical and medical evacuation insurance.  Prices range from $40 to $54.

We are on the same cruise the following week, I look forward to seeing your updates!

4 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

The at home tests work great,  but I'd have 2 for each person incase something goes wrong or you do something like open the swab from the wrong end and touch it,  that will invalid the test and the proctor will stop the test.  so having a backup is important.  Also check out youtube there are a number of videos of people taking the test and it will help you know what to expect thus eliminating errors.   See you aboard!

Thank you.  I did order Two, 2 packs just in case.

Random thoughts...

* Great deal on the UDP...if you get hungry, try the onion rings at Playmakers, and for lunch the black truffle Aranchini and truffle Tagliatelle at Jamie's.

* Test on the 19th...we know that's what you meant.

* Crown Plaza: $5.50/person each way.

Happy Sailing!

We're on her March 18th, so I'm going to be interested to see what your thoughts are for a February cruise.  Hopefully, Omicron will have tapered off a lot, though I expect Royal's protocols will still be in place.  I've read the reviews/live reports from earlier cruisers, and I will be watching to see what's changed, what's still the same, etc.  We're driving also, but not needing a hotel.  If you hear any comments on the parking lot there, that would be great. Thanks for taking the time/effort.

Pat

7 minutes ago, vistapat said:

We're on her March 18th, so I'm going to be interested to see what your thoughts are for a February cruise.  Hopefully, Omicron will have tapered off a lot, though I expect Royal's protocols will still be in place.  I've read the reviews/live reports from earlier cruisers, and I will be watching to see what's changed, what's still the same, etc.  We're driving also, but not needing a hotel.  If you hear any comments on the parking lot there, that would be great. Thanks for taking the time/effort.

Pat

Parking: $20/day...4 kiosk, with one person assisting.

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Parking: $20/day...4 kiosk, with one person assisting.

Is there any problem getting a space?  I read that reservations were not required, but there are several ships using Port of Los Angeles these days.  I'm assuming they accept major credit cards?

Thanks,  Pat

14 minutes ago, vistapat said:

Is there any problem getting a space?  I read that reservations were not required, but there are several ships using Port of Los Angeles these days.  I'm assuming they accept major credit cards?

Thanks,  Pat

No worries, plenty of available parking spaces...ships are sailing less than full capacity.

Yes, all major credit cards accepted.

12 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

No worries, plenty of available parking spaces...ships are sailing less than full capacity.

Yes, all major credit cards accepted.

12 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

There's a big parking lot right in front of the ship. Things will vary with how many people are cruising but I believe it's only Navigator right now. There is a Celebrity ship parked there too but not sailing at this point. 

Thanks to both of you.  We're starting to get cautiously excited about the cruise, our first one since 2019.

Pat

Just got off the 7 nighter Jan 17th Navigator cruise. Only 1100 on our cruise and with everything open it felt like a ghost ship. Just amazing service everywhere !!!!

If any of you have our cabin 1320...enjoy !!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@Ashland Currently on the Navigator, and there are only 660 passengers for this 4 night sailing, and 130 of those are B2B.  I was also on last week and sorry I missed meeting you. 

Do they still have the Windjammer open for dinner? I was on with 1100 passengers and we ate there every night for the unbeatable social distancing. 

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

Do they still have the Windjammer open for dinner? I was on with 1100 passengers and we ate there every night for the unbeatable social distancing. 

Yes the WJ was open every night...we ate dinner there four of the seven nights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Ashland Currently on the Navigator, and there are only 660 passengers for this 4 night sailing, and 130 of those are B2B.  I was also on last week and sorry I missed meeting you. 

Oh fun! My friend Peggy @pcur is onboard. Short blonde hair, glasses, about our age. Sailing solo as well. I hope you both are having a great time, Pat! :classic_smile: I think she was going to try and stay on B2B too. And oh yes, she has her own collapsible chair that she takes on cruises. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh fun! My friend Peggy @pcur is onboard. Short blonde hair, glasses, about our age. Sailing solo as well. I hope you both are having a great time, Pat! :classic_smile: I think she was going to try and stay on B2B too. 

Patti….you have just described about 1/3 of the female passengers! 😹.
Do you know is she goes to the Diamond Lounge in the evening?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Patti….you have just described about 1/3 of the female passengers! 😹.
Do you know is she goes to the Diamond Lounge in the evening?

LOL Pat. :classic_biggrin: I don't know. This is her first solo cruise, so I don't know how much she is mingling. I edited my post to add that she was taking a collapsible Neemo chair and enjoys the Promenade deck. I just hoped she was having a nice time if you run into her. Thanks!  :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

23 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Coralc  I’ll watch for her, but I don’t think she will need her chair on this cruise!  

Hey Pat! Don't bother, she flew to LA spent the night and flew back and didn't board. :classic_huh: Someone forgot their passport. I imagine that it is probably very stressful contemplating your first solo cruise. Have a wonderful time on yours and thanks anyway. :classic_biggrin: ~Patti :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

My tests from Optum arrived.  I hated forking out the money, but that’s life in 2022.

Set sail passes are on the phone and paper copies all printed.  

I just redeemed BofA points another $250.00 of credit.  

We are trying to decide what to do in Cabo.  Did a tour there on 2004 when we were on the Legend of the Seas, but this time may just walk around and see what we can buy for the grandkids.

In Mazatlan we are doing the Flavor Teller Food Tour.  We’ll probably walk the blue lined streets to town and take a taxi back.  

We’re not sure about PV yet.  We’ll figure something out.

We will be getting off while you are getting on. 🚢😎    Right now we are booked in a GS but hoping to RoyalUp to a OS. I plan on doing a LIVE From... as well. Our short 3-day is almost "sold out". Probably because it is over President's Day. Enjoy your Cruise!