Bit of a Blog : B2B2B : SoA : embarking 20/01/22

NorbertsNiece

Thanks for posting Linda. Your pictures of the Atlantic road brought back pleasant memories. Hope that your Caribbean cruise is a great success and that you have lots to do during your isolation. The supercraft team might be able to give you some projects. 🤞

• Like 1

Preparing for our cruise lockdown tomorrow.

Our lovely room steward and I sat down and wrote a shopping list yesterday. Whilst watching Forensic Scientist Quincsi on the room TV just now there was a knock on the door and a delivery (à la mode Waitrose) arrived! Thank you Saga!!

20220221_142500.jpg

• Like 1

71 people staying on B2B. Announcement was made last night in theatre (which we missed) that 20 cabins tested positive yesterday.

The last whole guest test was before Alta. The B2B people have been tested since. Apologies for my previous mistake. 

B2B guests who are still positive will have to disembark tomorrow. They will be the last to leave and infection control will be performed in their wake. Their transport home is assured.

Housekeeping is not offered to guests who have tested positive or have been in close contact. Of course fresh towels etc are provided.

Embarking crew, guest speakers and entertainers boarding/staying on have similarly to isolate for 4 days.

Sorry if this has already been answered but is that 20 positive in the whole ship or just those doing B2B ?

And everyone staying on has to quarantine for 4 days ? That sounds harsh, I've not heard of other lines doing anything similar.

2 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

71 people staying on B2B. Announcement was made last night in theatre (which we missed) that 20 cabins tested positive yesterday.

The last whole guest test was before Alta. The B2B people have been tested since. Apologies for my previous mistake. 

B2B guests who are still positive will have to disembark tomorrow. They will be the last to leave and infection control will be performed in their wake. Their transport home is assured.

Housekeeping is not offered to guests who have tested positive or have been in close contact. Of course fresh towels etc are provided.

Embarking crew, guest speakers and entertainers boarding/staying on have similarly to isolate for 4 days.

This gets more confusing by the minute! So all guest speakers and entertainers who are boarding/staying on have to isolate for four days. If that is so you aren’t going to get any talks or shows for four days! How is it then that all the passengers who board on Tuesday  don’t have to isolate for four days. What’s the difference? Added to that from Thursday all English isolation restrictions are lifted.

4 minutes ago, Kenmure said:

This gets more confusing by the minute! So all guest speakers and entertainers who are boarding/staying on have to isolate for four days. If that is so you aren’t going to get any talks or shows for four days! How is it then that all the passengers who board on Tuesday  don’t have to isolate for four days. What’s the difference? Added to that from Thursday all English isolation restrictions are lifted.

Hi. Same thing happened previous two cruises with regards to those professionals boarding. 4 days mandatory isolation. Any activities/shows happening in those days will already be on board.

It's to do with protecting those already on board from those boarding and vice versa. Need to keep the number of potential infections below 1% in order to comply with landing regulations in the Caribbean. 

We have PCR tests tomorrow morning as well as LFT.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Sorry if this has already been answered but is that 20 positive in the whole ship or just those doing B2B ?

And everyone staying on has to quarantine for 4 days ? That sounds harsh, I've not heard of other lines doing anything similar.

20 positive whole ship yes.

I've heard it called draconian but personally I feel assured of my own well being and that of those boarding. The alternative was to pack and go home.

I will be video blogging live from my cabin daily around noon.

Distance travelled this cruise : 

Sea passage : 3,512.7 nautical miles 

Pilotage : 392.6 nautical miles

Total distance : 3,895.3 nautical miles

We've received tomorrow's breakfast menu and have ordered it for 0945 as we have to do PCR for collection 0930.

20220221_214254.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

I've heard it called draconian but personally I feel assured of my own well being and that of those boarding. The alternative was to pack and go home.

Thanks, I hope it's worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 34 /67

Day 1 Caribbean 

Day 1 Lockdown

Southampton 

Good morning.

LFT already taken at the door 0850

PCR at 1000

I was awake at silly o'clock and grabbed a screenshot of the sister ships in the same shot. We are the bottom left blue arrow. Discovery is en route from Southampton to Tilbury for a week of planned maintenance.

Screenshot_20220222-060018_MarineTraffic.thumb.jpg.17eedcbb96c80eaa3c704e08e14dc536.jpg

20220222_082950.thumb.jpg.1a71a28ebd441eab68cdb8b62d8d9f68.jpg

20220222_083124.thumb.jpg.976433362885cfcd886be296421decb3.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-083756_MarineTraffic.thumb.jpg.cba5932931598bcd2d13ea666a69e043.jpg

The Nab Tower was a tower planned for anti-submarine protection in the Solent in WW1. It was sunk over the Nab rocks east of the Isle of Wight to replace a lightship after the war, and is a well-known landmark for sailors as it marks the deep-water eastern entry into the Solent.

Horse Sand Fort is one of the larger Royal Commission sea forts in the Solent off Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. The fort is one of four built as part of the Palmerston Forts constructions. It is 200 feet (61 m) across, built between 1865 and 1880, with two floors and a basement and armour-plated all round.

20220222_091450.thumb.jpg.45a8f97cb16fa098e1920ea21d8556f6.jpg

20220222_095936.thumb.jpg.84afbf4afec84bb9b49f5d2f0f80146b.jpg

17 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

I take it that those who were staying on had already been told (either when booking, or prior to boarding) that they would have to quarantine?

If it was only announced while on the way back to Southampton, that would explain why some guests were dismayed.