Optum Store - Test Out of Stock

jenmcnitt

Try emed.com

They sell six packs with same proctoring service, same app

Also, if you mention your location, you might find somebody locally who can “loan” you kits for your Feb cruise that you can replace when yours arrive.  Or maybe they’d have extras they could pass along I’d you share original cost.  Never know 

Edited by Starry Eyes

1 minute ago, jenmcnitt said:

I have an upcoming cruise in mid-February.   I just looked out on the Optum Store and both of their at home test options are out of stock.

Where to people order from instead as a backup option?  Thanks!

I ordered directly from emed on Saturday and received them on Tuesday.  There was a message on the page saying due to high demand it could take up to a week before they would be shipped so I was a little surprised it was so quick.

Sherri🙂

9 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I ordered directly from emed on Saturday and received them on Tuesday.  There was a message on the page saying due to high demand it could take up to a week before they would be shipped so I was a little surprised it was so quick.

Sherri🙂

What is the expiration date on the tests you received?  I have a few cruised booked through October, would be nice to have them to use until then.

7 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

What is the expiration date on the tests you received?  I have a few cruised booked through October, would be nice to have them to use until then.

In addition to asking for the marked expiration date, one should also ask for the manufacture date.  Abbott has twice submitted additional stability data to the FDA, each time resulting in an extension of the shelf life/expiration date of such tests.  The current FDA policy is appropriate 15 months after the manufacture date.  So, test manufactured in November 2021, printed expiration on package of November 2022 does not actually expire until February 2023.  (Date to dream we won’t still be testing to board by then?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenmcnitt said:

I have an upcoming cruise in mid-February.   I just looked out on the Optum Store and both of their at home test options are out of stock.

Where to people order from instead as a backup option?  Thanks!

Keep checking every morning.  Even though they are out of stock today doesn't mean they will be tomorrow or even a few days from now.  You still have time, but I would also plan on scheduling an appointment through CVS or Walgreens.  They open up dates 2 weeks ahead so be sure to do it as soon as your date becomes available.

29 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

Keep checking every morning.  Even though they are out of stock today doesn't mean they will be tomorrow or even a few days from now.  You still have time, but I would also plan on scheduling an appointment through CVS or Walgreens.  They open up dates 2 weeks ahead so be sure to do it as soon as your date becomes available.

Haven’t had any luck here with CVS or Walgreens. Both are booked constantly or possibly out of the rapid tests where we live. We did use CVS for a cruise in September at no charge, but all hell has broken loose since then. Since we drive to the port, we are hoping to use the free government tests before we leave (provided they arrive in time) just to verify we’re good to go, then book a rapid test at CVS in either Jacksonville or St. Augustine on our way down. We could use some of the urgent care facilities here, but they charge you an arm and a leg to get the test. 

Edited by choochella

5 minutes ago, choochella said:

Haven’t had any luck here with CVS or Walgreens. Both are booked constantly or possibly out of the rapid tests where we live. We did use CVS for a cruise in September at no charge, but all hell has broken loose since then. Since we drive to the port, we are hoping to use the free government tests before we leave (provided they arrive in time) just to verify we’re good to go, then book a rapid test at CVS in either Jacksonville or St. Augustine on our way down. We could use some of the urgent care facilities here, but they charge you an arm and a leg to get the test. 

I live in St Augustine and have used CVS on Ponce De Leon Blvd twice with no issues.  You should be able to book out 2 weeks in advance.

4 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I live in St Augustine and have used CVS on Ponce De Leon Blvd twice with no issues.  You should be able to book out 2 weeks in advance.

That’s what we’re hoping. Thx for the info. I believe I know exactly where that store is. We visit St. Augustine at least once a year, or sometimes more, so we’re familiar with the area. 

2 hours ago, choochella said:

That’s what we’re hoping. Thx for the info. I believe I know exactly where that store is. We visit St. Augustine at least once a year, or sometimes more, so we’re familiar with the area. 

Here's the full address, 2703 Ponce De Leon Blvd. St. Augustine. 

I ordered the 6 pack on Saturday from eMed and it was delivered Tuesday afternoon. On Monday I ordered 6 more under my daughters name and the were delivered on Wednesday afternoon. If your submitting them to insurance it is a maximum of 8 tests per month per person under the plan to be reimbursed. It looks like mine will probably be reimbursed at $12 per test with United and my daughter is under Anthem and from there wording it could be more? We will see when the checks come in? 

9 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I just received my supply last week and the expiration date is mid-November.  I called Optum to make sure of the date, and then ordered a supply for the entire year, both personal travel and proctored.  

• Like 2