Bar Conversation and Socializing

canoncruiser

Can someone sailing on any of the Queens please let us know when sitting at the bar becomes possible in the Commodore Clubs, Chart Rooms,Golden Lions and other venues. I had a great time on QM2 -13 December-10January ; but not being able to enjoy the socializing that comes with being at the bar is definitely a downer😞

I'm afraid no one on here can tell you when we can return to sitting around the Bar Top.

Cunard Line will decide to reintroduce this as and when they feel the present climate is safe to do so including hopefully, reintroducing the various cocktail receptions in the Queens Room. 

Just recently Cunard reintroduced dancing in the Queens Room and the yacht club , however, this is now becoming a hit and miss due to the present climate onboard either QM2 or QE .

As a solo guest I have to agree with you, I'm missing my regular seat at the Bar Top too🍸🍹

We too will miss the bar conversations and the "drama" that comes from just watching bar tenders mix, stir and generally interact with staff and passengers. HOWEVER, it's better to at least get into a bar, enjoy a cocktail or two at sea on a beautiful ship than to not!

We too will await the return of bar top seating, but in the meantime, we'll happily go with the cocktail glass, half full !!!!

• Like 1

I sure hope this policy is reversed before too long (we're booked on the QE for an L.A.-to-Ft. Lauderdale Panama Canal sailing in July). Our pre-dinner cocktails at the bar in the Chart Room were a highlight---maybe the highlight---of our 21-nights on the QM2 in 2019. As "Mudhen" correctly noted, a good bar is a theatrical experience, one in which we're all both actors and audience. A cruise wouldn't be the same without that experience.

To be honest, I really don't miss the parties. Yes, any function in the Queen's Room is spectacular, but we always wind up in the cheap seats, seated with people who could care less and only interested in free drinks....there are always soooo many people! Not really our thing. Much rather have a well mixed cocktail in the Commodore Club!