No flexibility from Oceania for using FCC

susiesan

5 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I think our society encourages people to play the victim and to blame others for what happens. Instead of owning our own decisions and our own mistakes and learning from mistakes. I hope we can grow and learn together.
Time to move on and look forward.

As always, Dr. Robin is reasoned and gently spoken.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marieps said:

As always, Dr. Robin is reasoned and gently spoken.  

Thx! That means a lot to me. I think I learned to be a little more cautious in my speech after teaching for 10+ years. You really have to be careful HOW you say something!

19 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Thx! That means a lot to me. I think I learned to be a little more cautious in my speech after teaching for 10+ years. You really have to be careful HOW you say something!

You once clarified for me when revenue is counted as income on the books at NCLH, and did so with clarity and not an ounce of smugness despite your expertise.  Take heed, certain posters.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

what is the Oceania Policy--if any------if an e.g $12000 FCC was used in Oct21 to book a Feb 22 Cruise----and today's Fare for the same category is much lower?--e.g $8000------is the FCC used for the original $12000amnt---or reduced down to $8000??--leaving something for  future Booking?

On 1/24/2022 at 7:30 AM, PhD-iva said:

I think our society encourages people to play the victim and to blame others for what happens. Instead of owning our own decisions and our own mistakes and learning from mistakes. I hope we can grow and learn together.
Time to move on and look forward.

At a time when cruise lines are adding and changing rules faster than one can manage, how to avoid making mistakes is a big mystery. 

Because of that, most of us ARE victims. Cruise lines are doing all they can to stay "afloat". That includes invoking rules and regulations to benefit them at every turn.

Cant learn from our mistakes when rules either change quickly or new ones are made up. Todays mistake can possibly be the next true course of action. 

No not playing the victim, we are the victims. 

31 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

At a time when cruise lines are adding and changing rules faster than one can manage, how to avoid making mistakes is a big mystery. 

Because of that, most of us ARE victims. Cruise lines are doing all they can to stay "afloat". That includes invoking rules and regulations to benefit them at every turn.

Cant learn from our mistakes when rules either change quickly or new ones are made up. Todays mistake can possibly be the next true course of action. 

No not playing the victim, we are the victims. 

jonthomas, very well said indeed.

There are consequences to "obedient consumers" who follow the rules put out by service providers over other options that are identified by critical thinking.

Taking cash was the way to go and the cash is now making money versus the time and effort of chasing the FCC scam. I have many friends who did the FCC and so very much regret it.

As consumers we are taught to do what we are told and are lured by FCC's, points etc, and most consumers never examine the current context and realize other options exist, let alone analyze other options.

Humans generally learn the most via the school of hard knocks and the cruise lines are definately sending messages and as a result have many fewer customers to rely on in the future.

• Like 2

In this instance (as explained in earlier posts), the OP canceled her reservation within the penalty period before O later canceled the cruise. As a courtesy, O offered her an FCC with an expiration date for the amount of the penalty. The OP wants O to extend her FCC expiration date by more than a year. Else she claims O “has no flexibility.” Many experienced cruisers don’t agree. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1