The Daily for Monday 01/24/2022

richwmn

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Greetings from Jacksonville.  Staying at the Courtyard on the Mayo Clinic Campus.  Got an upgrade to a suite.  This is great so that I don’t really have to wake DH tomorrow when I have to leave for my appointments. I can use the bathroom, take a shower and dress in the living room without bothering him.

I have an 8 am appointment for blood work.  This will give me some idea of where I am with the inflammation in the blood with a Sed Rate and C-Protein Reaction. If it is normal I may be able to reduce the prednisone.  

My lumpectomy is at 9:15 am.   

After that we expect to make one at a store and have lunch and then go home.  Probably be home in late afternoon.  

I appreciate all your prayers and ask that you pray for me tomorrow and for my doctor too.  (He is such a sweetheart—I have total confidence in him)

I will post tomorrow when I am able.

Need to get up at 6 am tomorrow so I am off to bed.

God bless and Good night.

Terri

Prayers 🙏 and good luck tomorrow Terri.

Graham.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

RIP Lt. Paul Butrim, Firefighter/Paramedic Kelsey Sadler, and EMT/Firefighter Kenny Lacayo.  According to the update   John McMaster, an EMT/Firefighter, appears to be in worse condition than I originally heard.  The head of Maryland Shock Trauma indicates he is on life support with injuries that can get worse before they get better.

Roy

Tragic news.

Prayers for their family and friends.  Extra prayers for the injured man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Greetings from Jacksonville.  Staying at the Courtyard on the Mayo Clinic Campus.  Got an upgrade to a suite.  This is great so that I don’t really have to wake DH tomorrow when I have to leave for my appointments. I can use the bathroom, take a shower and dress in the living room without bothering him.

I have an 8 am appointment for blood work.  This will give me some idea of where I am with the inflammation in the blood with a Sed Rate and C-Protein Reaction. If it is normal I may be able to reduce the prednisone.  

My lumpectomy is at 9:15 am.   

After that we expect to make one at a store and have lunch and then go home.  Probably be home in late afternoon.  

I appreciate all your prayers and ask that you pray for me tomorrow and for my doctor too.  (He is such a sweetheart—I have total confidence in him)

I will post tomorrow when I am able.

Need to get up at 6 am tomorrow so I am off to bed.

God bless and Good night.

Terri

Praying that all goes smoothly today & your results are great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Very sad news from Baltimore.  3 Firefighters just confirmed dead in a vacant house fire with a 4th apparently in critical condition.

Roy

So sad to hear this and their families and their Department is in our prayers . In my 30+ years in the Navy and Miami Dade County Fire department I saw too many coworkers die . 2 of my officers in Fire College died one of becoming lost and running out of air in a fire . The worse were the suicides of which I knew 7 .  2 of the guys that I was closest to killed themselves after retirement .

• Like 1