Passenger Documents from a 1967 QE TA

davyjones

Cunard technically has "classes" but mostly for dining aside from the Grill Lounge space. Aside from the room perks cruising today is virtually invisible. You don't really know whose who when you walk around. The QE was launched at a time when the classes were strictly segregated. No intermingle. If I ever had a time machine I would go back and try out the different classes back in the day on historical ships. 

14 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

Thanks for posting, these are great.  Love the line…the clocks are stopped at midnight for one hour …

Yes! How sensible, instead of having the same hour twice!

And the cabin steward bringing an early morning cup of tea. I actually remember that from my first cruise as a child. Not sure I even drank tea but perhaps I went along with it as my older sisters were being served theirs.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:36 PM, exlondoner said:

Wow. Were you aboard?

Yes. My father got a job in America for a couple of years.  I was only six and all I remember are the table tennis tables, bread rolls being served at meal times and picking up passengers in Cherbourg and Cobh.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for posting those deck plans of my beloved Queen Elizabeth I.  I made my first transatlantic crossing on her in July 1965 and thus began my love affair with ocean liners.  I was 16 years old and I was a member of the Simplex Drum and Bugle Corps.  We were headed for England to perform for two weeks throughout the UK for product promotion.  We had Cabin Class accommodations but we were able to visit the Tourist Class section of the ship.  Some of my best memories were made in the Tourist Class Observation Lounge.  We would hit the lounge every night after 10:00 PM for cocktails and dancing with many student coeds who were on holiday.  Since I was traveling with older members of the Corps I was able to be served with no questions asked…lol.  We would party (jacket and tie required) until the early hours.   Draft beers were 10 cents a pint and a bourbon and ginger was 35 cents!  Drinks were served on a silver tray and you would place the money on the tray…cash only…lol.  The Queen Elizabeth I was a beautiful and spectacular ship.  I was able to roam through the First Class section as well. What great memories.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for posting those! It brings back great memories 🙂

I was on the Queen Elizabeth for a crossing in 1962. I loved everything about that trip. And indeed, it was the start of my Cunard addiction.

I wonder how many of us on Cruise Critic did that crossing as youngsters on Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary and that got us hooked?