NCL Star Garden Villa

mertziek

3 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

We were only given 3 in the GV on the Pearl in April - a 7 day cruise. You might get 6 if you go longer than that.

That’s odd. We were in the GV twice before - both 7 days and had 6 bottles offered. This is a 14 day though and definitely indicates 6 as you can see… but either way would likely be fine. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 4:43 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Ironically, we actually did end up winning that upgrade bid to the villa. I've got a ton of more recent photos than the ones posted here, so if anyone wants to see anything specific about the 3 bedrooms or the enormous outdoor space, just let me know.

14000/14500 is the master bedroom with a King but no direct deck access, right? 14006/14506 is the next largest room with direct deck access, but does it have a King or a Queen bed? 14002/14502 is the third room that only has a Queen bed and a bathtub shower, right?

12 hours ago, ReubenR said:

14000/14500 is the master bedroom with a King but no direct deck access, right? 14006/14506 is the next largest room with direct deck access, but does it have a King or a Queen bed? 14002/14502 is the third room that only has a Queen bed and a bathtub shower, right?

On the Star/Dawn, none of the bedrooms have their own private balcony. The one labeled 1 in this photo was the one we stayed in. Big king bed, huge bathroom with separate shower and jacuzzi tub. #2 in the middle was much smaller, probably only a queen bed with a regular modest bathroom. Very similar to a standard club balcony type of room or an entry level suite room. You have to step up over the tub to get into the shower there, whereas #1 & #3 are separate walk-in showers.  #3 has a sliding door that goes out to the deck, but it's the shared deck for the full suite. Bed seemed bigger, but we never used it so I'm only guessing if it was a queen or king. Room is a bit larger than #2, and the bathroom in there was also huge. Separate shower and tub. My hubby showered in #3, I showered in #1 (#1 has full windows looking out to the public pool area, he always felt like people were watching him even with the blinds drawn closed).

image.thumb.png.454c6854373633fb7c338e6f874d4b8f.png

On 3/4/2023 at 12:22 PM, us2you said:

We were in one of the GVs on the Star this past July.  They have totally remodeled the outside areas and upstairs deck.  Here are some pictures of it.

@us2you we are a GV on the Star in December-do you by chance have any interior pics from your trip? I can’t find anything post-remodel online. Please and thank you!!

Here are a couple more pics, the room is the “small” bedroom.  And a picture of the living room.  We were in 14000 on this cruise.  Also included a picture of breakfast in the room one morning.

You will have a great time in a Garden Villa!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's the direct link I found to the NCL Star 3-Bedroom Garden Villa Suite on Cruise Deck Plans:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=774

There's a short video by a kid from March 2023 and some photos of the outside areas, but otherwise the rest is videos from 2019 or earlier. There definitely isn't a "ton" of photos for that room. @Sailing12Away – do you have a direct link to the page with all your photos?

Depends on what you would enjoy more. One closest to the living room is closest to the private bar and has a better shower I think. One closest to the deck is still nice and gives you direct access to outside, and the bathroom is still lovely. Both of those rooms have an enormous walk-in closet.

Whoever ends up in the middle room should be getting a discount if you ask me. Still a nice room, but definitely not fair to ask those folks to pay the same as the folks in rooms 1 or 3. Closet is a walk-through, meaning you can get in from the entry hallway and go through the back of it into the other hallway just outside the bathroom. Or rather you can access the closet from both sides I guess is another way to look at it. But that bathroom is a standard balcony cabin bathroom, nothing special.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Depends on what you would enjoy more. One closest to the living room is closest to the private bar and has a better shower I think. One closest to the deck is still nice and gives you direct access to outside, and the bathroom is still lovely. Both of those rooms have an enormous walk-in closet.

Whoever ends up in the middle room should be getting a discount if you ask me. Still a nice room, but definitely not fair to ask those folks to pay the same as the folks in rooms 1 or 3. Closet is a walk-through, meaning you can get in from the entry hallway and go through the back of it into the other hallway just outside the bathroom. Or rather you can access the closet from both sides I guess is another way to look at it. But that bathroom is a standard balcony cabin bathroom, nothing special.

Thank you for posting those great photos and the information!

@Sailing12Away DS is getting the middle room, quite the upgrade from his usual sofa bed or 2nd bedroom assignment. Random questions-is there an outdoor shower to cool off when hot tubbing? Is there an option for MDR meal delivery or just room service menu/specialty restaurant meals for dinner? Thanks for info-it’s our first time in a non-haven suite.

12 minutes ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

@Mandalay5

"Is there an option for MDR meal delivery or just room service menu/specialty restaurant meals for dinner?"

Your Butler will happily deliver any Main dining room meal that you desire.  

Thanks!! We’ve always gone to the restaurant or MDR since (even in the Haven) there’s not a lot of table space in the cabin. Looking forward to dinner on the deck for sure!

Not only will your Butler bring you dinner from the MDR (as one complete food delivery, mind you – not coursed out like when you eat in the restaurant), but he'll also bring you First Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Lunch, Afternoon tea, Dinner, and Supper. The room will have food sculptures in it when you embark, and the Butler will bring as much food as you want from anywhere on the ship (including Specialty Dining, although you'll still have to pay the upcharge for that).

It's really nice that 14002 has a full Queen Bed, 14006 has a full King Bed, and 14000 has a full King Bed. There's also a sofa bed somewhere in the suite for guests 7 and 8.

One very important thing to remember: BRING ELECTRICAL ADAPTORS. The each bedroom has one hidden 110V outlet (I think at the vanity desk). Every other plug in this room is a European 220V plug, and there aren't a lot of them. The Photographers do sell an overpriced adapter if you forget, but it's not a transformer – just a block with multiple types of plug inputs and two USBs (assuming all can use 220V like your laptop, iPad, smartphone, etc.)