New Grounds Coffee Package

philv

6 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I am on Discovery and they are actively selling the coffee packages and they can be purchased in Ocean Concierge 

927748A3-F50D-406C-824B-79A23809EDB0.thumb.jpeg.e21be2d9635fa8957a0b29dd3e379674.jpeg8AF51A4F-14E7-42F1-A654-B7F04790C04A.thumb.png.d9d64161b3281a068e1a9da1b32e6d71.png

What?  That’s why I keep asking.  I hope the Enchanted does that.

So, you must be able to switch out the mini bar for 2 coffee packages still?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Shelly97060 said:

@PacnGoNow I was told yes, can still exchange as always. 

also, the Princess FAQ still says mini bar can be swapped for coffee cards https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipFAQ.page

D800C046-36C5-4220-A73F-252B6EB2AE13.thumb.jpeg.9a35ead77bbe45dc7f7c734e6c440a85.jpeg

I hope this is fleet wide!  Thanks again!

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 2/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, gullgeorge said:

Verified again on the coffee card being discounted and read the notification from Princess corp that it will no longer be available.  Again they may have reversed that decision but they gave us credit for not being able to use them next week.  Also appears to be no changes to swapping out items on the mini-bar.

If Shelly can let me know what ship she is on, we can have the two PSM determine what is the true story.

See post #126 on Discovery from @Shelly97060 Looks like they have 

and are selling the New Grounds Coffee Package, same price and are able to switch out mini bar for the 2 coffee packages, like usual.  They can book it OB using Ocean Concierge.

This is starting a new cruise today on Discovery.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

So I paid $15.32/day for the classic soda package pre-cruise.  I see above if I bought it today onboard I would have paid $11.39/day!  And I could have used OBC!  What is going on with Princess???

Cancel your order and buy it onboard.

On 2/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, Ombud said:

Thanks. A friend, HQE, is getting on Saturday & will text me what I can trade for. 

Anticipate taking all meals in MDR & Gigis

Did your friend let you know if the coffee card is still active and being sold OB?  What can be switched out for our mini bars?  Which ship are they on?

TIA

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did your friend let you know if the coffee card is still active and being sold OB?  What can be switched out for our mini bars?  Which ship are they on?

TIA

He boards the Regal today. Apparently flew out the day before. I will take a screenshot of his response 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:
2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

He boards the Regal today. Apparently flew out the day before. I will take a screenshot of his response 

He just called. (Wifi calling). A few things about the Regal: 

1. No coffee pkg

2. Can trade for wine / champagne / wide selection 

3. Crown Grill apparently only pre-booked maybe 1/2 time slots ... he could have any night he wanted at 5:30

4. Can prebook Sanctuary if on a back-to-back and even if on a previous voyage a few months earlier (totally unfair)!! He was the 2nd one in line waiting for the door to open and got the last lounge

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I boarded this morning and just saw this post this evening.  I’m going to go to guest services and ask the price.  If it is less I’m going to ask for the difference in OBC.

Oh, I see the problem.  You have to cancel 3 days prior to cruise (not enough lead time).  Difference in price might be added costs for insurance/taxes/fees pre-cruise.

I will be surprised if Customer Service will modify your order.  They already have your money, even though you have their moneys (OBC).  

The price per person for the classic soda for the week onboard is $104.77 so ~ $3.00 less total for the week. ($14.96/day.)  Definitely not the $11.79/day shown in Oceanconcierge above.  She did not know why the difference in price land vs sea. Maybe no tax as we were at sea when I asked.

For some reason at guest services the little icon was next to my name indicating I had the soda package.  However on the handheld devices it was missing and the servers could not see I had purchased the package.  They acted like they didn’t believe me but did not want to argue the point so they would give me the soda I requested.  After two trips to guest services it is resolved.  They ended up having to remove the package and then reapply it to my booking.  Not a big deal but irritating nonetheless.  Much like a pebble in one’s shoe.

Edited by californiagirl
  • Thanks 1

It appears that the changes are being interpreted differently on each ship.  We upgraded to Princess Plus on the second half of a back-to-back and the computer system can't handle the upgrade.  Ship has been working with corporate trying to resolve.  In the meantime, the are just adjusting the account until it is resolved.

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

He just called. (Wifi calling). A few things about the Regal: 

1. No coffee pkg

2. Can trade for wine / champagne / wide selection 

3. Crown Grill apparently only pre-booked maybe 1/2 time slots ... he could have any night he wanted at 5:30

4. Can prebook Sanctuary if on a back-to-back and even if on a previous voyage a few months earlier (totally unfair)!! He was the 2nd one in line waiting for the door to open and got the last lounge

Thank you!  Hate that ships are different with beverage packages.

Appreciate the info.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Guest Snaxmuppet
On 2/26/2023 at 3:29 AM, californiagirl said:

So I paid $15.32/day for the classic soda package pre-cruise.  I see above if I bought it today onboard I would have paid $11.39/day!  And I could have used OBC!  What is going on with Princess???

What's going on is that Princess, like many businesses nowadays, are trying to squeeze every last cent out of their customers as possible even when it is detrimental to the customer experience. I know it is a business and as a business that is kinda the idea. But there is a way to do it that adds value to the customer and Princess does not know that way. Good businesses will charge more... but then give move in return. Not sure I'd call Princess a good business in that respect.

6 hours ago, shipsealand said:

No coffee card!

image.thumb.png.c9fac52fc3f0b24628a7acdd1fef268d.png

It's been gone for a while now, and I'm still mad about it.  No reason they couldn't continue to offer it for loyalty customers.

Also, as I mentioned, you used to get 20 water/soda, on the Sky this week it was only 18.  Yet another cutback against their most loyal customers 

• Like 1