My review: Watch out RCL and NCL, Carnival is coming after your loyal guests!

tx121

7 minutes ago, bassmk said:

We loved the Mardi Gras so much! (Aside from the newly redesigned and TINY stateroom bathrooms!) We tried to eat everywhere, but it was so hard. Our favorites were Rudi's and Emeril's, by a huge margin.

Rudi's --- YES !

Emeril's --  I discovered the Muffuletta (I'm hooked)

Tom

11 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

We recently got to experience our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas after exclusively Carnival for the last 20 years. 

We LOVED the Oasis of the Seas. Entertainment was hands down better than anything Carnival has to offer (water show in particular) and the ship was amazing.

However, we don't do much specialty dining and we thought the casual eat availability and selection was EXTREMELY thin compared to Carnival. Limited Buffet hours and limited options besides Pizza most of the day. Carnival Deli beats the Cafe Promenade handily and while Sorrento's was more "convenient" (faster) than the Carnival pizzeria, Carnival often pizzeria has more options and much more customizing. There were hours on the Oasis we wanted a snack and just didn't like the pizza option or the options in the Cafe Promenade and we were SOL, and oddly enough this happened MOST often between 3 and 5pm between lunch and dinner. We NEVER were hungry on the Carnival Miracle as there were a lot of options available between 12-6pm (Guys, Blue Iguana until 3, buffet open later, the deli, pizza, salad bar open later). We are going on the Carnival Radiance next month and that has even MORE casual options (see: Shaq's Chicken Shack and Pig & Anchor BBQ)

We thought we were done with Carnival for a while after the Oasis cruise, but Carnival keeps sending us amazing pricing/deals so we now have our 3rd cruise booked for next month, 2nd on Carnival in 3 months. In fact, we spent more on-board our Miracle cruise than we did on the Oasis because our cabin rate was so cheap. 

Did you manage to try the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe?  (amazing) That is literally a single item which I factor into the decision making process of what ship/date/line/ports/etc. I probably had one for lunch on 6 days. Since they close at 6 pm, I actually picked up another and stashed it in the fridge in our cabin - and had that for breakfast!  😄

i-RpgpKcX-X2.jpg

Tom

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Did you manage to try the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe?  (amazing) That is literally a single item which I factor into the decision making process of what ship/date/line/ports/etc. I probably had one for lunch on 6 days. Since they close at 6 pm, I actually picked up another and stashed it in the fridge in our cabin - and had that for breakfast!  😄

i-RpgpKcX-X2.jpg

Tom

I had one, and they were rarely available. However, I am not a big roast beef person so it wasn't my favorite though it was very good. The problem we had is that the 2-3 sandwiches available (often the same ones at both Park Cafe and Cafe Promenade) were a lot of bread, a few pieces of meat and few toppings or were just odd pairings (egg salad and pickles, cheese/tomato, turkey/avacado) and just didn't do it for me and I had no option to change that. My kids rarely ate there. I couldn't find wraps anywhere and I had them every day on the Miracle. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 8:51 PM, kicia said:

Hi!  We were on Mardi Gras in October and November.   There were at least 2 computers and 1 printer on deck 6 by Brass Magnolia heading to Center Stage. This is what I used.  I don't know if there were others.  Good luck.

Just got off Mardi Gras this am. They took away the 2 computers & printer that you used. Now they have 2 tiny square computers built in the wall !! on deck 8 next to Rudys restaurant, across from guest services. And no chairs! To use it, you have to stand in front of the wall there!! Guest services told me that if I need to print out anything, they can do it at guest services from the wall computer I use. Never bothered to use those!!