Veuve Clicquot dinner?

JahHaus

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

Why did you not think it was worth the cover charge?

The menu was just ok, often tepid warm at best.  Pours were adequate, but too rushed (I'm a sipper). Meal was extremely long. Uncomfortable unless you really strike up a conversation with a table mate. The cost just does not live up to the actual experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pcrum said:

We are on the Summit on Dec. 27, 2022 and are hoping this dinner is offered!

Let your sommelier or wine steward know right away. The Cellar Master, Ingrid, can sometimes be found at Cellar Masters bar in the afternoon, especialy if a tasting is going on. You can also sign up with Sommelier Extrodinaire, Nandha in Cellar Masters between 2&4 most afternoons. 

It was $200 per person onboard the Summit in September. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Let your sommelier or wine steward know right away. The Cellar Master, Ingrid, can sometimes be found at Cellar Masters bar in the afternoon, especialy if a tasting is going on. You can also sign up with Sommelier Extrodinaire, Nandha in Cellar Masters between 2&4 most afternoons. 

It was $200 per person onboard the Summit in September. 

Can’t I just talk to Customer Service?  It has to be the sommelier?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I suppose, if you want to stand in line at the customer service desk, you could try. My understanding is that this dinner is arranged through the Cellar Master. 

For us, mentioning our desire to participate to someone who was coming to us anyway worked well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Why would you want to stand in line at Guest Relations? The sommelier will do it for you during dinner. You're asking to take the more difficult and time consuming option. Have you ever done this? Or anything like it?

3 minutes ago, markeb said:

Why would you want to stand in line at Guest Relations? The sommelier will do it for you during dinner. You're asking to take the more difficult and time consuming option. Have you ever done this? Or anything like it?

If you tell me, zitsky, you MUST talk to the SOMMELIER!!!  Then I would say, uh, ok.  Then I would do it.  I have only been on very few Celebrity cruises.  I’m a project manager.  I’m not accustomed to there being only one way to do something.

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If you tell me, zitsky, you MUST talk to the SOMMELIER!!!  Then I would say, uh, ok.  Then I would do it.  I have only been on very few Celebrity cruises.  I’m a project manager.  I’m not accustomed to there being only one way to do something.

OK. Project management:

Option A: 1 Step. Variable time that could take 30 minutes or more, not including travel to GR desk

Option B: 1 Step. Mostly fixed time of 30 seconds or less. No travel from dinner table.

Not in the mood to draw out a path analysis or any similar tool. Just ask the sommelier!

2 minutes ago, markeb said:

OK. Project management:

Option A: 1 Step. Variable time that could take 30 minutes or more, not including travel to GR desk

Option B: 1 Step. Mostly fixed time of 30 seconds or less. No travel from dinner table.

Not in the mood to draw out a path analysis or any similar tool. Just ask the sommelier!

You assume the line at Customer Service is 10,000 people long.  Yes I can wait for dinner and talk to the sommelier.  I chose to express interest sooner rather than later.  

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

You assume the line at Customer Service is 10,000 people long.  Yes I can wait for dinner and talk to the sommelier.  I chose to express interest sooner rather than later.  

No. I assume you’ll be at dinner at talking to the sommelier anyway and this will involve a negligible amount of time. And that you’re not doing this to tag on billable hours. And you can probably do it in the app, on your TV, or heaven help, the phone. You don’t need a PMP to do this. 

Just now, markeb said:

No. I assume you’ll be at dinner at talking to the sommelier anyway and this will involve a negligible amount of time. And that you’re not doing this to tag on billable hours. And you can probably do it in the app, on your TV, or heaven help, the phone. You don’t need a PMP to do this. 

Your comments are interesting to say the least.  🤔

This phone thing?  How does it work again?

15 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

You cannot reserve before embarking. I went to Sushi on 5 for lunch when embarking and the host there made the reservation for me. 

See that is good to know.   I’ll ask someone once I get on board.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:43 PM, angelsil said:

We attended this on Edge last November. It was $250pp and they did crack La Grande Dame. Really enjoyed it, but at that price I agree it's a one and done.

$250 is fair if they do Grande Dame but not for the common shelf stuff. Any limitation on how much you can order?