Royal up bid acceptance: When did you find out?

On our upcoming Feb 6 cruise… several people upgrading to ocean view, balcony, large balcony, found out last week.  Someone got a JS like 2 days ago.  Those of us waiting for the “regular”

suites are still waiting…. Since suites have been showing as “sold out” for over a week, I’m not too optimistic…

• Thanks 1

Also out of curiosity did you find out on a weekday? Wondering if this is a manual process done by someone working business hours M-F or some automated process. It will save me from checking for my upgrade at all hours and weekends 😃

38 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Wow that’s pretty early. What was your original room and what did you upgrade to, if you don’t mind sharing that info?

Yes I thought it was early also. A few days before we won it wouldn’t let up update any of our bids.

We originally booked a Central Park balcony because they were so inexpensive and we have never stayed in one and thought it would be fun to try. It was only $45pp for the ocean view balcony.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chiguy67 said:

Yes I thought it was early also. A few days before we won it wouldn’t let up update any of our bids.

We originally booked a Central Park balcony because they were so inexpensive and we have never stayed in one and thought it would be fun to try. It was only $45pp for the ocean view balcony.

Nice! We are in a connecting ocean view balcony ( not because we are connecting with anyone, just because I didn't read the deck plan carefully lol) and have made a low bid for a JS. I’m not very hopeful because the suites are close to sold out on my 2/20 sailing. I hoping that the fact that there are fewer connecting balconies than regular balconies will help my chances somehow. If someone wants it, maybe they will bump me up. A girl can dream.    Enjoy your cruise!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twobeautifulgirls said:

How much over minimum has been successful for y’all?

Every ship and every sailing is different. One person's successful min bid win will be another's loss on their sailing. The moral of this story, bid your desire and comfort. If you win, awesome! If not, be happy with what you booked. Any attempt to game theory this out is a fool's errand.

We received upgrade (balcony gty to JS) on January 27th for our February 20th cruise.  We bid minimum for the JS, but went $500 above the minimum for GS 1br and OS, and $800 above minimum for GS 2br (we were hoping for that!).  Weird that we received the JS upgrade, and the GS 1br/2br and OS are still available...   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received my winning email informing me of my winning big on 1/21 for my 2/13 sailing on Oasis going from an OV Balcony to Grand Suite. Minimum bid was originally $500pp then dropped to $375pp I left my bid at $500pp.

Edited by nessachelle
More Detail
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewYawkYankees said:

We received upgrade (balcony gty to JS) on January 27th for our February 20th cruise.  We bid minimum for the JS, but went $500 above the minimum for GS 1br and OS, and $800 above minimum for GS 2br (we were hoping for that!).  Weird that we received the JS upgrade, and the GS 1br/2br and OS are still available...   

What ship are you on?

4 minutes ago, NewYawkYankees said:

Oasis

Awesome on the upgrade to JS at a min bid. I know it's rough not to get the desired upgrade, but I have seen that you are most likely to be upgraded to the next class above you vs jumping multiple grades.

I'm on Allure at the end of Feb, in a GTY Balcony as well. We already have been assigned our room, so that made me shy away from an upgrade to an extended balcony, and focus on a JS (+50.00 pp over min) and the big hope for a GS or OS with some aggressive bids over min for these... But I will not hold my breath on those.

I'm not even hoping for that JS, since currently on that sailing they are only selling GTY Juniors suites, so that inventory is probably very low.

3 hours ago, NewYawkYankees said:

I think you guys take the prize for earliest notification. My sailing is 2/20 as well, on the Odyssey. Will be on the same ship?

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

Awesome on the upgrade to JS at a min bid. I know it's rough not to get the desired upgrade, but I have seen that you are most likely to be upgraded to the next class above you vs jumping multiple grades.

I'm on Allure at the end of Feb, in a GTY Balcony as well. We already have been assigned our room, so that made me shy away from an upgrade to an extended balcony, and focus on a JS (+50.00 pp over min) and the big hope for a GS or OS with some aggressive bids over min for these... But I will not hold my breath on those.

I'm not even hoping for that JS, since currently on that sailing they are only selling GTY Juniors suites, so that inventory is probably very low.

I really wanted the GS 2br, and thought that I bid aggressively, but you may be onto something where they only upgrade you to the next class in certain situations.  Good luck to you!   

Here's my RoyalUp timeline:

December 23: received initial email for RoyaUp

January 6: checked in, room showing balcony GTY

January 12: put in bids (after two reminder emails from RCCL!)

January 20: the OS and GS1br/2br showed expired, JS showed pending

January 24: received the balcony GTY room assignment - 11th floor - category 5D

January 27: officially awarded the JS

I was offered, but didn't bid on the Spacious OV balcony or the Ultra Spacious OV balcony. 

Oh, there was an issue that I ran into.  Once I received my JS (8th floor), I looked to see what other JS were avail.  I liked one on the 6th floor, near the Boardwalk, so I called the travel agency to change it.  She said no problem, but she had to call RCCL to change it.  When she came back, she said it would be $37 extra!  Something in their system charged me tax and they couldn't remove it, even if I wanted to stay in the 8th floor JS.  This was Saturday during the blizzard up here in the northeast, so I paid the $37 and moved to the 6th floor.  I didn't want to bog down the agents fielding calls from people missing their flights. cruises, etc. due to weather.  You know, REAL problems!       

6 hours ago, NewYawkYankees said:

Actually, we'll be sharing Coco Cay that Monday!  I want to do the Odyssey one day, it looks incredible.   

I love Coco Cay, hopefully the weather will cooperate. I will post a review after our Odyssey cruise and let you know how it went.