Royal Up question

I have just received my first ever Royal Up email for my cruise on Freedom in March. If I booked my cruise through a large online travel agency that has a plane in their logo (I know we’re not supposed to say names), can I still do a Royal Up bid? 

9 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I have just received my first ever Royal Up email for my cruise on Freedom in March. If I booked my cruise through a large online travel agency that has a plane in their logo (I know we’re not supposed to say names), can I still do a Royal Up bid? 

If you received the Royal up email to bid, then you can bid.

• Like 2

yes, it doesn't matter who you booked with. The RoyalUp program is run by a third party for royal. Just know that they can award upgrades up to 3 hours before ship departure! I don't like that, I'm already on board and in my cabin. I don't want to have to pack and move. And how would Guest Services know to print me a correct Seapass card!

2 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

yes, it doesn't matter who you booked with. The RoyalUp program is run by a third party for royal. Just know that they can award upgrades up to 3 hours before ship departure! I don't like that, I'm already on board and in my cabin. I don't want to have to pack and move. And how would Guest Services know to print me a correct Seapass card!

If at this late time you no longer want to be considered, go to the RoyalUp website and cancel your bid.  Though I have not actually heard of anybody getting a RoyalUp bid acceptance after they checked into their original cabin, if you would consider it more trouble than it is worth canceling your bid now would preclude it….unless your bid is locked (though I have not heard of a bid still locked when a person has checked into their original cabin (If your bid is still locked  at your pier check in time or if you yet get an upgrade via RoyalUp after checking in to original cabin, please post this info)

21 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Travel agency an opt out of the program, and a few do.  If you received that email, yours evidently participates.  Good luck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Actually it does.  Travel agencies have the option of opting out and there is one large Big Box agent who opted out.  Even though it is run by a 3rd party those guests will not get the offer nor can they log in direct.

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:
14 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Actually it does.  Travel agencies have the option of opting out and there is one large Big Box agent who opted out.  Even though it is run by a 3rd party those guests will not get the offer nor can they log in direct.

so if I got the Royal Up email I can go ahead and bid?