Minimum age to get a cabin

Hello!

I have a question re: age to be able to secure a cabin.  My TA has our rooms booked me and DD in one room and DS and hubby in another stating one has to be 25 years of age to have a room registered under them.   Wanted to add some friends so book another cabin but TA is saying would not be able to do so if they are both 18?  Even if I tied it to my reservation?   Any insight is appreciated.    Also trying to see if the inside cabin we booked for the kids may be able to convert to a triple in the event only 1 friend comes along.   IS there  a way to look up which rooms can go from double occupancy to triple?

Thanks all!   These boards have been very helpful in planning!

8 minutes ago, new-to-cruising22 said:

Hello!

I have a question re: age to be able to secure a cabin.  My TA has our rooms booked me and DD in one room and DS and hubby in another stating one has to be 25 years of age to have a room registered under them.   Wanted to add some friends so book another cabin but TA is saying would not be able to do so if they are both 18?  Even if I tied it to my reservation?   Any insight is appreciated.    Also trying to see if the inside cabin we booked for the kids may be able to convert to a triple in the event only 1 friend comes along.   IS there  a way to look up which rooms can go from double occupancy to triple?

If the cabin is directly beside or directly across the hall then the age restriction will be waived.  Your TA has to call too book this way.  There might also be an issue with unrelated guests.

You only need to be 21 not 25 as your TA told you.

Sounds like its time for a new TA

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, new-to-cruising22 said:

Hello!

You can book a cabin on your own at 21 yr old when sailing from North America.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

25 is a Carnival rule.

You can book your kids directly beside you or across from you.  

You need to get a new TA. One who knows what the hell they are talking about.

If you are considering travel insurance, do NOT purchase from this TA. It is very obvious that they don't know what they are doing selling travel, let alone what kind of help will they be if you have to file a travel insurance claim. They will happily take their commission though.

we have booked the rooms in the past as your travel agent suggested, one adult per room, then we just put ourselves in one room and our kids in another once on the ship. It worked out fine. We have done this a few times with no issues. 

• Like 1

Staff do not do “bed checks” on board, so you can book people on paper in a cabin yet plan for them to sleep in another.  If my family of four wanted to bring a couple unrelated 18 year olds, I’d ask for three cabins in in a row (or two adjacent cabins plus one straight across the hall).  On paper I’d have an adult plus 18 year old in cabin 1, second adult and second 18 year old in cabin 2, and two children in cabin 3. (If children are young children, I likely would want cabin 3 to connect to cabin 2).  These reservations would have to be made by phone due to underage guests on cabin 3.  Once on board, go to guest services and ask for extra keys so everyone can open cabins where they will sleep and parents can open cabins to supervise as needed.  Teen guests would sleep in cabin 1, parents in cabin 2, children in cabin 3.

You can look at deck plan to see how many guests room accommodates.  Rooms that hold more than two have symbols on deck plan.

Edited by Starry Eyes