Parking at Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

Laszlo

41 minutes ago, WYB! said:

Why not just drop off your bags with the porters at Pier 88 before entering the parking lot?

I’ve never been able to do that, I had to drive up the ramps, pay/dog sniff, park, then take the elevator down to the ports. I’ve only parked there three times though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WYB! said:

Why not just drop off your bags with the porters at Pier 88 before entering the parking lot?

43 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never been able to do that, I had to drive up the ramps, pay/dog sniff, park, then take the elevator down to the ports. I’ve only parked there three times though.

It can be done but you have to leave the cruise terminal complex after dropping your bags off, go back north on 12th Ave. to 55th St. and then renter the cruise terminal complex. 

Years ago you could drop your bags at the pier entrance door and then proceed directly up to the parking level but they  redid the roadways and you can no longer do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WYB! said:

I'm assuming you have never driven in front of the terminal Lol. If you were to do that you would have to circle back up to 55th and 12th.... No thanks. We have dropped our bags off plenty of times next to the elevator. I was just curious if that was still a thing

Oh I c, I usually drop my bags off at pier 88 and then return my rental car at Avis @ 43rd and 9th Ave.

Upon disembarkation I’ll pick up a rental car from Avis and then from the port 88 pick up my baggage along with with my traveling companion.

I’ve found it cheaper to do (2) one way rentals rather then parking at the pier.

Edited by WYB!

10 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Can you still pull over and drop your bags off near the elevator after paying and having security check?

In October, possibly because everyone had to go off for testing at Pier 90, they had porters with large luggage carts right up there on the Pier 88 parking deck.  You drove through security, pulled over and gave your checked bags to the porters, parked, then went down and walked over to Pier 90 for testing.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

In October, possibly because everyone had to go off for testing at Pier 90, they had porters with large luggage carts right up there on the Pier 88 parking deck.  You drove through security, pulled over and gave your checked bags to the porters, parked, then went down and walked over to Pier 90 for testing.  

Thats even better!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Laszlo said:

Can you still pull over and drop your bags off near the elevator after paying and having security check?

This was how it was for our Jan. 19 cruise.  As a matter of fact, the porter had me grab the bags from my trunk as the dog was doing the inspection.  Then I parked and walked over to Pier 90 for testing.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dewb5359 said:

I have a cruise planned for July this year and parking is a stressor for me. what are the chances there will NOT be any parking available at the pier?

Very little chance of that. It has happened on rare occasions when a large number of ships were cruising from the port . If you arrive by about 1 pm there's virtually no chance of parking  being full.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dewb5359 said:

I have a cruise planned for July this year and parking is a stressor for me. what are the chances there will NOT be any parking available at the pier?

We cruised during fleet week, pier 88 was being used, plenty of parking at 90.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you!  First time thinking of driving in from Long Island instead of using a car service. 

FYI cash is no longer accepted. Only credit cards accepted are Visa and Mastercard. Maximum fee of $400 for up to 14 days so it's a bargain for cruises over 10 days.