Does cruise begin with tour? Or boarding ship?

lenetere

We're on Scenic in May.  I know their requirements for having a Covid test prior to the cruise.  But I don't yet know if the beginning date is when we're met at the airport in Paris for our 2-day tour, or if it's when we actually step onboard the ship.  I'll get a definitive answer from Scenic, of course, but I'm wondering if anyone here already knows that answer.

Good question and would also be interested to know.  I’ll be on a Tauck cruise in April and will be in Paris a week in advance.  The last night will be in a Tauck hotel and includes a group dinner so I would assume I would need another test before then however I would have obtained a Pass Sanitaire on my first day in France.  So is that adequate?

On 2/3/2022 at 9:29 AM, lenetere said:

We're on Scenic in May.  I know their requirements for having a Covid test prior to the cruise.  But I don't yet know if the beginning date is when we're met at the airport in Paris for our 2-day tour, or if it's when we actually step onboard the ship.  I'll get a definitive answer from Scenic, of course, but I'm wondering if anyone here already knows that answer.

I would guess the date is when you are met at the airport. The daily guide or printed itinerary should clarify the dates for you. We enjoyed a Seine cruise this past year and thoroughly enjoyed the vacation. We've also sailed with Scenic, and they remain our favorite line among the three we've sampled. You'll have a great trip!!

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rogerdawhip said:

It really does not matter since you need a Covid test prior to entering France.  Hopefully this will change soon. 

I'm not sure why it wouldn't matter.  I need to have a test 72 hours before my cruise.  If my "cruise" begins when I board the ship, that means I would have to have the test while I'm in Paris.  Of course I would have one before I board the plane.

Edited by lenetere

If it's a cruise line requirement, I can't see how the deadline would be based on anything other than your first contact with them.  For many passengers, that means boarding the ship.  In your case, it means being met at the airport in Paris.

• Like 1