How do you rent Cabanas on the ship?

tgetz

1 hour ago, tgetz said:

First time sailing on a ship that has cabanas and wondering how you rent one and can you reserve them before you cruise? thanks for any input..

If you don't reserve them well in advance you likely won't be able to get one at all, depending on the ship.  They can be booked through the Ship Services department, and have to be booked for the entire cruise.  Any unsold cabanas would be available for daily (or full cruise) rentals once on the ship.  

PLEASE CONTACT SHIP SERVICES AT 1-800-541-1576 TO RESERVE YOUR CABANA. ON BOARD, PLEASE CONTACT THE FRONT OFFICE.

Sue/WDW1972

You can rent before the cruise by calling Ship Services at 800-541-1576. Renting before the cruise requires you to rent for the entire cruise. If you are interested in renting by the day, you can only do that once on the ship by inquiring at the bar I’m the Crows Nest. 

Now the all important question, is it worth it??

Our cruise will leave from San Diego in late January next year and head to Hawaii. I know it will be cool when we start and when we return, so not sure how many days we will be able to use it. and just as important, is it nicely handled? I may need to create a different thread?

6 minutes ago, tgetz said:

Now the all important question, is it worth it??

Our cruise will leave from San Diego in late January next year and head to Hawaii. I know it will be cool when we start and when we return, so not sure how many days we will be able to use it. and just as important, is it nicely handled? I may need to create a different thread?

"Worth it" is a personal, subjective decision only you can make. We get cabanas on all warm weather cruises...about 8 different cruises now. But we won't be getting one on an upcoming cold weather cruise (Iceland and Greenland). For your Hawaii cruise, you will be able to use them every day...you might dress a little warmer on a couple of days.

"is it nicely handled "? Not sure what that means, but the cabanas can be very popular, as been mentioned on your two threads on the topic. Why start another, as you already have 2?

Cruiser Bruce thanks so much for your input. I think I will see if we can get on for our Hawaii trip, but not sure I will try for the world cruise. That cruise I will just hope we get one occasionally. 

Starting two topics was a total mistake. I hit enter twice.  Sorry I am a blonde and sometimes my blonde roots show through. 🙂 

We rented a cabana on our cruise to the Caribbean and we both enjoyed it.  The butler will bring you breakfast and lunch - and you can order from the speciality places as well - burgers and pizza,  I am not sure if you can order from the Dutch Cafe - since we never did this.   They are only open from 9-5 PM.  You get fruit and water in the morning and a wine spritzer and chocolate covered strawberries in the afternoon.  One thing though - they can got very hot so I would figure out where the sun will be in the afternoon and rent one on the other side.  The cabanas were pretty much empty on our cruise so we were able to switch our cabana to the non sun side in the afternoon but it is doubtful we would be able to do this when the ships get more passengers.   We are not renting one for our northern Europe cruise -way too cold to sit out on the top of the ship.