Which rapid tests have you successfully used to board an RCCL cruise

Russ Lomas

We cruised in August and used Switch health for our rapid tests. No issues with the documents they provided flying into the US or boarding the RCCL ship.  Switch is the most expensive rapid test.

I have seen that Rexall, Walmart, Costco, and Shoppers offer in-person rapid tests as well (for less money). I assume all 4 of these provide the required official documentation for travel purposes (name of the lab, certification number, lab address, your name, when the teat was taken, test results, type of test taken - RCCL’s requirements).  Can anyone here please share your experiences if you used one of these other testing options?  Or potentially even share a copy of your actual document with your name blanked out?

Edited by Russ Lomas
Spelling error

In Dec, my family had our antigen tests for travel done at Walmart ($19.97) and Costco (1$6.99), in Ontario. Very quick, after 15-30 min you walk out with test results in hand. I can’t recall, but you may need to bring your passport with you or enter the info on the pre test registration.  No issues. We are getting the antigen test done at Walmart again in 2 weeks for another flight and cruise. The only problem is that they don’t seem to make many appointments available, and certain days (eg Fridays) book up really quick. I’ll see if I can find our documents.

• Like 1

I made appointments at CVS in Florida for the date i wanted, as soon as they became available, 14 days in advance.  Please be aware, they were booked up almost immediately.  No problem getting the tests done, and we had the results emailed to us within one hour.  I printed out the results, to make boarding easier.  No problems at all.

10 hours ago, karebare22 said:

In Dec, my family had our antigen tests for travel done at Walmart ($19.97) and Costco (1$6.99), in Ontario. Very quick, after 15-30 min you walk out with test results in hand. I can’t recall, but you may need to bring your passport with you or enter the info on the pre test registration.  No issues. We are getting the antigen test done at Walmart again in 2 weeks for another flight and cruise. The only problem is that they don’t seem to make many appointments available, and certain days (eg Fridays) book up really quick. I’ll see if I can find our documents.

Thanks for this response.  It eases our minds a bit.  You never want to experience any hiccups with all the rules and regulations when travelling during a pandemic.  If you remember, please report back here after your cruise in a few weeks and let us know how/when you got tested and if everything went smoothly for you. 

• Like 1

We used Walmart as well in December.  The only negative was you had to book three appointments for three people (SDM and Rexall let you book multiple people for one appt.), although we all got done during the first time slot.  I had pictures of my passports for the #s.

As with any of them, make sure your information matches your passport(s) before you leave.  It's basically typed in and mistakes can be made.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 10:34 PM, karebare22 said:

This is helpful, I had no idea walmart and costco were offering this in ON, we have been using shoppers for $40!

• Like 2

On 2/6/2022 at 8:48 AM, willing292 said:

I made appointments at CVS in Florida for the date i wanted, as soon as they became available, 14 days in advance.  Please be aware, they were booked up almost immediately.  No problem getting the tests done, and we had the results emailed to us within one hour.  I printed out the results, to make boarding easier.  No problems at all.

The test has to be within 48 hours to board the ship?

Edited by susan1957