Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

Day 5 MDR

so I was chatting with the head waiter and asked about that survey question if we were asked to provide positive reviews etc… unless you were specifically asked “ please give me ( insert name here) a ten and a great review” then in that case you can say yes you were asked by a crew member.  If they say survey is important and please give us your feedback etc then you were NOT asked to give positive review.  Either way unless you were treated poorly those survey are important to the crew as their pay / bonus is dependent upon a high score please answer honestly as they do try their best to make you happy.  Just because the trifle is made with jello that does not mean they deserve anything less than a 10.  To me it’s either 1 or 10.  Nothing in between matters to corporate.  I checked NO on my last week’s survey proudly.

163FBD2B-1AE7-4A54-BD5C-C945907EDA6A.jpeg

Day 5

MDR

The escargot onboard is not bad at all.  I have to say it’s not quite as flavorful as Celebrity’s escargot but it is very good.  I think it just needs a little bit more garlic herb in the butter to kick it up a notch!

1AB90386-EFB7-49BB-9EFE-D728859ECBA8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5 

One more note about the survey, they are also penalized and a warning issued if someone said yes they were asked, which I don’t think is right but it’s just my opinion.

All I can say is WOW! That's just not right. It's definitely an overreaction from something in the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

All I can say is WOW! That's just not right. It's definitely an overreaction from something in the past.

It must be… also they work so hard and English is not their first language so there is a lot of room for misunderstanding and you want to punish them for it?  Like people won’t run to guest relations to file a report if they were wronged on the ship 😝 it’s so silly with the survey thing!

13 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5 MDR Dinner

The Turkey was nice and moist, and the fish and chips is interesting because they are out of Cod so they are using cobia!

B32B03FF-3195-4830-BC8F-D01CE74A0CE2.jpeg

F481003E-9080-4E0D-9A25-C3A75870B99F.jpeg

Hoping it’s good on our March Harmony cruise.  The only inedible meal I’ve ever had on Royal was the Turkey dinner on Mariner.  I love turkey but whatever they served that night could not ever have been a live bird.  It was just god awful .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Hoping it’s good on our March Harmony cruise.  The only inedible meal I’ve ever had on Royal was the Turkey dinner on Mariner.  I love turkey but whatever they served that night could not ever have been a live bird.  It was just god awful .

Wow!  The Turkey I had was moist and flavorful.  I didn’t even need any gravy.  They also served a pile of dark meat as well.  I don’t remember the portion being this large at MDR at all.  It’s almost like double portion to me.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun....I am impressed with the quantity of food that is available......what question swirls in my mind is how much of it is wasted!

If one can't find something to eat with all those selections then they need to stay home!

The food is a definite upgrade from our Christmas Symphony cruise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

The food is a definite upgrade from our Christmas Symphony cruise. 

Based on the reviews I have read and the experiences I am kind of glad I was on the Mardi Gras for the Christmas holiday cruise instead of the Symphony.

Just now, BennyBrun said:

Based on the reviews I have read and the experiences I am kind of glad I was on the Mardi Gras for the Christmas holiday cruise instead of the Symphony.

Yes... if we had only known! But we just booked a 13 night repo the end of April and one later in the year. Stuff happens! Things go wrong but that cruise was a fluke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yes... if we had only known! But we just booked a 13 night repo the end of April and one later in the year. Stuff happens! Things go wrong but that cruise was a fluke.

I am sure it was.  Hopefully we will put all this behind us and go back to as close to normal as possible.  The cruise director said that there is still no quest, no newly wed game and no belly flop contest.  He said hopefully soon!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

Last call for questions / specific areas about the Oasis of the Sea that you like to see more of… Last call!  Otherwise you will have to wait until March for me to answer your question!

Not sure if you have been on oasis pre amp.  But if so, how is music Hall compared to the old Dazzles venue?   We always loved Dazzles and it makes me sad to think it would be very different.