Balcony on Mariner

mafig

Can you tell me what's the difference in balcony categories on Mariner.  For instance, Balcony vs. Spacious Balcony.

Also what deck is best?  I asked this question when I was contemplating a JS and was told Deck 9.  Unfortunately, all JSs are gone now and I will 

book a balcony instead.  Does the Deck 9 recommendation still hold?

14 minutes ago, mafig said:

Can you tell me what's the difference in balcony categories on Mariner.  For instance, Balcony vs. Spacious Balcony.

Also what deck is best?  I asked this question when I was contemplating a JS and was told Deck 9.  Unfortunately, all JSs are gone now and I will 

book a balcony instead.  Does the Deck 9 recommendation still hold?

Deck nine is best. Deck ten is right under the pool deck and can get a bit noisy. We always book deck nine.

• Thanks 1

We've booked a regular balcony on Deck 6 on the "hump", which is the bump out mid-ship. It's close to the aft elevators and the bump out allows you to see both ends of the ship!

Go here to look at Mariner's deck plans:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2113/02

We previously won a Royal UP bid from a regular to a spacious balcony and, in my opinion, was not worth any extra money. It had less balcony space and about a foot or so of extra room space. Not worth it! If you want to upgrade, pick a JS or higher!

Cheers!!

Edited by SilkySal
add

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Deck nine is best. Deck ten is right under the pool deck and can get a bit noisy. We always book deck nine.

Agree however if it were me I would not immediately rule out deck 10.  I’ve been on deck 10 the majority of our cruises or whatever deck happens to be under the pool deck and haven’t had any noise issues.  Definitely has potential for noise though.  On the other hand, I’m sure others could give you horror stories so.. just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

We've booked a regular balcony on Deck 6 on the "hump", which is the bump out mid-ship. It's close to the aft elevators and the bump out allows you to see both ends of the ship!

Go here to look at Mariner's deck plans:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2113/02

We previously won a Royal UP bid from a regular to a spacious balcony and, in my opinion, was not worth any extra money. It had less balcony space and about a foot or so of extra room space. Not worth it! If you want to upgrade, pick a JS or higher!

Cheers!!

Thanks.  I was wondering about the difference between spacious and regular.  

This cruise is the one to Bermuda in May and I'm sorta late in booking.  I'll probably be later still if I book....still trying to make sense of the Bermuda protocols and if I want to put myself through so much aggravation.  But, anyway, no hump cabins available, either.