Antigen test email for vaccinated child?

I'm sailing in two weeks with a fully vaccinated 8-year-old, but there hasn't been a way to designate to RCI that she's vaccinated. I know we can just show her card at check-in, but I was surprised to get an email today asking me to schedule the antigen test for unvaccinated guests as soon as possible, with no way to specify that we don't actually need it, or any instruction to disregard if she's vaccinated. It's very specific too, with a unique registration number for us to use when scheduling her.

Parents who have cruised recently, did you just ignore this, and were there any issues in doing so?

10 minutes ago, shelldigity said:

I'm sailing in two weeks with a fully vaccinated 8-year-old, but there hasn't been a way to designate to RCI that she's vaccinated. I know we can just show her card at check-in, but I was surprised to get an email today asking me to schedule the antigen test for unvaccinated guests as soon as possible, with no way to specify that we don't actually need it, or any instruction to disregard if she's vaccinated. It's very specific too, with a unique registration number for us to use when scheduling her.

Parents who have cruised recently, did you just ignore this, and were there any issues in doing so?

Make sure your version of the app is updated.  You should be able to add in the 8 year old's vaccination card now, we just did ours.  I ignored the email about getting a PCR test (which it was supposed to be for un vaxxed kids, not antigen).  We'll just all do the antigen one 2 days prior to sailing.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

Just now, rockmom said:

Make sure your version of the app is updated.  You should be able to add in the 8 year old's vaccination card now, we just did ours.  I ignored the email about getting a PCR test (which is was supposed to be for un vaxxed kids, not antigen).  We'll just all do the antigen one 2 days prior to sailing.  

8 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Don't schedule a test if you are planning to test prior to sailing.  I was able to add vaccination records for 2 11 year olds the other day.  I think they updated the app but some people are still not seeing the link for the children.  

I have the newest version of the app and keep checking but still no sign of a place to upload the card yet. 

I was just wondering if people have had success ignoring the message or if there have been any problems that would warrant me taking the time to call them about it.

Just now, shelldigity said:

I have the newest version of the app and keep checking but still no sign of a place to upload the card yet. 

I was just wondering if people have had success ignoring the message or if there have been any problems that would warrant me taking the time to call them about it.

I went into my sailing on the app, clicked 'check in' at the bottom of the main page that comes up.   Then scrolled to the 10 year old's spot.  I entered the manufacturer of his vaccine and the date of final dose and uploaded the picture  of the card.  Took about 15 hours before it showed as 'green' (verified) 

image.thumb.png.c10f25f077566f0eb4e72815369c681d.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

We ignored the email and did not schedule a test for my vaccinated 10 year old in January.  No one even blinked.  Checked her card and negative antigen test and we were on our way.

Perfect, thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.

24 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I went into my sailing on the app, clicked 'check in' at the bottom of the main page that comes up.   Then scrolled to the 10 year old's spot.  I entered the manufacturer of his vaccine and the date of final dose and uploaded the picture  of the card.  Took about 15 hours before it showed as 'green' (verified) 

That's what I figured it would look like. Unfortunately mine still looks like this.

Screenshot_20220206-141950.thumb.png.e37813a483f1ae4a5661fb0932d42623.png

4 minutes ago, shelldigity said:

Perfect, thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.

That's what I figured it would look like. Unfortunately mine still looks like this.

Screenshot_20220206-141950.thumb.png.e37813a483f1ae4a5661fb0932d42623.png

Dang, maybe uninstall and reinstall the app.  Otherwise, I got nothin'.  

I have two upcoming cruises with an under-12.  On the first one, I was able to enter vaccination status, but on the other one, it's still not there.  Very strange.  So it's not even person-to-person... it's cruise-to-cruise!

• Like 3

As I recall, the vaccination info section for adults/older kids was added gradually to the app…it seemed as though it was added ship by ship.  I wonder if they might be rolling it out to kids in a similar gradual fashion.

Are those of you with the option to enter vaccination info for your younger kids on different ships from those unable to do so?

2 hours ago, shelldigity said:

We have done 7 cruises since August and have never had this ability on the app, even after updating it.  No problem, they just scan our cards at checkin.  Takes maybe 30 seconds?

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We have done 7 cruises since August and have never had this ability on the app, even after updating it.  No problem, they just scan our cards at checkin.  Takes maybe 30 seconds?

Sherri🙂

They only this past week started updating the app to allow kids vaccination info to be loaded.  I did it a couple of days ago for our cruise next Sunday for 2 11 year olds.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

they scanned everything anyway, even though I uploaded all the card images and they got approved prior to the cruise.

• 1 month later...

My GF got this email regarding her 11 year old as well.  Her child is vaccinated, and the record is uploaded in to the app as well.  They will both be getting tested in advance before flying to MIA.  The email calls out how the port test is needed for children 11 and under that are not vaccinated... but then specifically names her child as needing the test, even though the app confirms she's vaccinated.

Anyone else experience this?

image.png.e0891f1c713c8a5ae60daf668ae3f4a6.png