Switch Health PCR Results when Landing at Toronto Pearson Airport

Keata

Very happy to report that when we landed Friday at 6:30 PM we were randomly selected and had our results back on Sunday at 6:00 AM.  Much quicker than the 6 days my daughter waited in December in Ottawa.  Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

You're more fortunate than I was. We landed at 9:30 pm on Friday. Almost everyone on our flight had to be tested. At 5:30 pm on Saturday I got an email saying my specimen was damaged. It took 2 follow up emails to learn they would send me a kit to do another test. It could take 48 hours to be shipped and up to 5 days to arrive. And I have to stay isolated in the mean time. Twiddling my thumbs. Can you tell I'm slightly more than a little annoyed?

We had the PCR test in Mexico at one of the local sites 48 hours before our flight home; then we were randomly selected at Customs in Toronto and were required to do another PCR test there through Switch Health. 

45 minutes ago, Keata said:

We had the PCR test in Mexico at one of the local sites 48 hours before our flight home; then we were randomly selected at Customs in Toronto and were required to do another PCR test there through Switch Health. 

This is the reason this whole PCR test is such nonsense!!!!  Why waste your time, money, effort, and anxiety when you had the specific requirements already done.  Jeezzzz, I wish the feds would get there heads out of their.......................................................hats.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ALD18 said:

This is the reason this whole PCR test is such nonsense!!!!  Why waste your time, money, effort, and anxiety when you had the specific requirements already done.  Jeezzzz, I wish the feds would get there heads out of their.......................................................hats.

One tool can be used for many tasks.

My wife received a switch health take home PCR at our land border crossing (she did and I didn't) on Friday evening Jan 28.  We rushed home and she did the test right away.  I dropped it off at Purolator on Friday night and they had it on Saturday morning.  Monday around 9:30am we had the results.  Annoying that she received one in the first place and she had no intentions of isolating anyway, but at least the timeline was more reasonable.

That’s annoying to say the least. My physio went to Jamaica and despite being pre-tested the entire population of the aircraft were also ‘randomly’ selected at Pearson as well. Our flights to Miami are all through Toronto. I was hoping that by then the return PCR wouldn’t be necessary. We will get it done though. I just want to get away. 

13 hours ago, ALD18 said:

The most ridiculous part...my BIL and his wife got "randomly" selected coming back from a Panama cruise, got swabbed, and GOT ON A PLANE TO CALGARY???

"Oh, you might have picked up the virus in the last 6 hours but we will stick you in a sardine can with wings for the next 3 hours and when you get there you can isolate and we will tell you in 5 or 6 days if that was the right thing to do."

What a load of ....... well, something we have a lot of out in cattle country🤠

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian V said:

The most ridiculous part...my BIL and his wife got "randomly" selected coming back from a Panama cruise, got swabbed, and GOT ON A PLANE TO CALGARY???

"Oh, you might have picked up the virus in the last 6 hours but we will stick you in a sardine can with wings for the next 3 hours and when you get there you can isolate and we will tell you in 5 or 6 days if that was the right thing to do."

What a load of ....... well, something we have a lot of out in cattle country🤠

One of the reasons for arrival testing is to track variants.

8 hours ago, broberts said:

One of the reasons for arrival testing is to track variants.

Seems like a valid reason to test all guests in Vancouver and Victoria, or to test none of them. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1