Dyson Hairdryer in E-class Suites

Beachlover1989

16 hours ago, Martini Queenie said:

Just wanted to provide some follow up. Brought my air wrap and it was tricky to get plugged in. With the outlet box you really need to push in the plug hard and it’s tight. In the bathroom it kept tripping the reset switch. It ended up working okay for almost the full two weeks and then two days before the end it quit working along with my flat iron. I had a meltdown, it tried to get them both to to work in other plugs and no go. My wonderful husband found our retreat host and he was gracious enough to take it to the engineers. I spoke with the Retreat Concierge the next morning and this must happen a lot since she had a form for me to sign giving the engineers that authority to work on both. A few hours later our Retreat Host came with the engineers. They checked the outlets and they were all working.  They tested both devices and the airwrap would not work in the room but the flat iron did. They assured me that both worked in their shop and that they would work when we got home and they do! I am not sure if they both got shorted out somehow or what happened but they did fix both for me. Lesson learned for me is I will not be bringing the dyson back on my next cruise. 

This is why I’ve never brought mine on a cruise—I’m afraid somehow I’d fry it!  And back when we had to fly to the port, I was afraid of theft (I’ve had items disappear from my luggage).

Glad they both worked when you got home!

1 hour ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Wondering which ship you were on?  We were on M-class and mine stopped working after 5 days, then worked fine when we got home.  Recently off an S-class ship and it worked for 12 straight days, no problem.

We were on Apex so you would think it could handle the wattage necessary but my husband thinks it was probably a busy time with everyone getting ready for dinner and maybe that is what caused the short. 

And I just love my airwrap for both drying, straightening and curling. I know depending on your hair type it’s not for everyone but like others said dry time is cut down significantly and then using the other heads for finishing is a game changer. I just bring along the flat iron for quick touch ups although going forward I will be using that only on future cruises. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hiccups said:

This is why I’ve never brought mine on a cruise—I’m afraid somehow I’d fry it!  And back when we had to fly to the port, I was afraid of theft (I’ve had items disappear from my luggage).

Thank you me too! I was really nervous turning it on but was pleasantly surprised!

On 3/13/2022 at 9:14 PM, mikewomb said:

Curious how the hair dryer is? We have the vacuum, but have an issue payment that much for a hairdryer.

Honestly I was sceptical about it too. But I love it my hairdresser said my hair is in great condition no heat damage. It is worth every penny takes no time to dry my hair so quick and it always looks styled. I have been converted 🤣

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hiccups said:

I'm really pleased they worked for you when you got home. I'm not taking the chance and I will miss using it. I have bought a curling wand with 3 changeable barrels to curl my hair it was reduced to £59 then got a further 10% off

Reduced from £110. It is dual voltage so I will take this instead of my airwrap. For the price of the airwrap it should be dual voltage

26 minutes ago, drafterdw said:

does Celebrity not  have hairdryers? I stopped bringing mine on other lines but it has been 5 or 6 years since on Celebrity.

Yes, they do have hairdryers in every room, however if you have long or thick hair they take forever to dry your hair and do a very poor job. In addition, they require the user to continually press the power button to get airflow. It means either a cramped hand or you have to rig the dryer with a thick rubber band or duct tape to keep the button depressed.

My Dyson has been on at least a half dozen cruises with no performance issues ever. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drafterdw said:

does Celebrity not  have hairdryers? I stopped bringing mine on other lines but it has been 5 or 6 years since on Celebrity.

There's no comparison between a ship (or hotel) hairdryer and the Dyson.

Seems to be quite a few Dyson fans in this thread. 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yes, they do have hairdryers in every room, however if you have long or thick hair they take forever to dry your hair and do a very poor job. In addition, they require the user to continually press the power button to get airflow. It means either a cramped hand or you have to rig the dryer with a thick rubber band or duct tape to keep the button depressed.

My Dyson has been on at least a half dozen cruises with no performance issues ever. 

My Dyson is UK voltage is yours? That's why mine won't work I've been advised not to take it. I am sailing on the Emerald Princess in June apparently the ship voltage is not compatible 😩

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shopping girl said:

My Dyson is UK voltage is yours? That's why mine won't work I've been advised not to take it. I am sailing on the Emerald Princess in June apparently the ship voltage is not compatible 😩

Mine is US voltage.  I feel your pain

On 2/8/2022 at 3:54 PM, Beachlover1989 said:

Due to the way the heavy duty plug is designed, it looks like I won't be able to plug in my Dyson hairdryer with the desk outlets that are enclosed.  The bathroom outlet also looks very close to the counter, making it not useable either.  Is there another outlet in a Sky Suite or Celebrity Suite that will allow me to plug in my hairdryer? TIA

My DW managed to get hers plugged in on the box, the cord was bent a bit but it worked. I would agree, the box does create some issues with plugging stuff in.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 11:10 PM, Luvcrusn said:

I bought mine thinking I'd try it and probably return it because the cost seemed crazy. I won't part with it. My previous hi wattage hairdryer took 45 minutes to dry my hair (long and thick). The Dyson takes under 15 minutes. If my Dyson dies I'll buy another in a heartbeat!!

Same here. I knew I'd keep it because we stayed in a hotel that had a Dyson hair dryer in the room (I was so surprised and thrilled!) I have thick, curly hair that used to take me a good 40 minutes to dry straight and longer if I diffused it curly. I can dry my hair pretty straight now in about 15 minutes and diffuse it from towel dried to completely dry in about 25 mins. 

Edited by Ginnyfyr
spelling

On 3/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, Martini Queenie said:

Thank you me too! I was really nervous turning it on but was pleasantly surprised!

Windy (as I call my Dyson, lol) flies in my carry on. I'm not taking a chance with such a pricey investment! She even has her own special travel case 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2022 at 3:20 PM, Dar & Bob said:

I see you did a review of your SS on the Edge 11268.  I am assuming the the Apex would be the same.  My question is about the visibility since we are thinking about booking that for a Norwegian Fjord cruise in that suite.  Was there very limited side view?  

I wouldn't hesitate to do a fjord cruise in that suite. We had a pretty generous side view being on the aft corner. The cabin next to us definitely did not have the same view since they were completely aft facing.