The Key Question

sunlover2

9 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Our cruise leaves on Sept 1, 2022. 

Then things may be different by then as capacity grows.  But with 1300 people on board it was really useless. Other than the lunch on the first day. 

• Like 1

One device per person who purchases The Key.  Since everyone in the same cabin has to purchase it, each of you would have their own Surf & Stream Voom (1 device per person). Double check the description of The Key for your cruise, but I'm sure that's standard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IRMO12HD said:

One device per person who purchases The Key.  Since everyone in the same cabin has to purchase it, each of you would have their own Surf & Stream Voom (1 device per person). Double check the description of The Key for your cruise, but I'm sure that's standard.

My bad....it is one pp and everyone in cabin must purchase it.

4 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Then things may be different by then as capacity grows.  But with 1300 people on board it was really useless. Other than the lunch on the first day. 

You also get a special breakfast menu in the MDR on departure day. My friend just did it on indy. 

15 minutes ago, death_star said:

You also get a special breakfast menu in the MDR on departure day. My friend just did it on indy. 

Yes you do. The breakfast in the Buffett was just as good if not better.   Fresh omelettes and the French toast was amazing on the explorer last week.   
I could eat the French toast all day. Best I’ve had in a while.  

and with only 40% capacity it was empty 

and you get waited on by your MDR dinner staff.     

9 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

But with 1300 people on board it was really useless.

I've been on sailings where the price for The Key was within a dollar or two of the price for just the internet (and even cheaper than just internet).  So, given that you get Chops lunch on embarkation day and special breakfast on debarkation day, it's not exactly useless.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've been on sailings where the price for The Key was within a dollar or two of the price for just the internet (and even cheaper than just internet).  So, given that you get Chops lunch on embarkation day and special breakfast on debarkation day, it's not exactly useless.  

I didn’t use any of the restaurant options.  5he regular food options were just as good if not better than I’ve had in the past.   
land I got a smokin deal on the key on a Black Friday deal.  
just was a waste at this point as I didn’t use/need any of the options.  
no lines.  No waiting at shows.  Got on and off the ship anytime we wanted.  With 1300 people was just a waste.   
breakfast was great in the Buffett.   Lunch was just as good.  Didn’t miss any of the perks.  

maybe when the ships full again but right now. Useless. Lol 

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

I didn’t use any of the restaurant options.  5he regular food options were just as good if not better than I’ve had in the past.   
land I got a smokin deal on the key on a Black Friday deal.  
just was a waste at this point as I didn’t use/need any of the options.  
no lines.  No waiting at shows.  Got on and off the ship anytime we wanted.  With 1300 people was just a waste.   
breakfast was great in the Buffett.   Lunch was just as good.  Didn’t miss any of the perks.  

maybe when the ships full again but right now. Useless. Lol 

I prefer avoiding the Windjammer on embarkation day.  Even with reduced capacity, they have half the tables blocked off, so finding a seat is a problem, and everyone's dragging around their luggage, and it's just chaotic.

A sit-down lunch is, for me, a more relaxing way to start the vacation.  

With that being said, I won't pay extra for The Key.  But I do get Voom anyway, so if it's the same price or within a dollar, it's worth it to me to have the sit-down lunch.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I prefer avoiding the Windjammer on embarkation day.  Even with reduced capacity, they have half the tables blocked off, so finding a seat is a problem, and everyone's dragging around their luggage, and it's just chaotic.

A sit-down lunch is, for me, a more relaxing way to start the vacation.  

With that being said, I won't pay extra for The Key.  But I do get Voom anyway, so if it's the same price or within a dollar, it's worth it to me to have the sit-down lunch.

Not the case on the explorer last week.  
no tables were blocked off at all.  
No crowds.  Was a very enjoyable sit down lunch with a great window seat for 7 of us.      
Not sure what you mean about worth it to you to have a sit down lunch.  
Its not like your standing eating in the windjammer.  Lol .  

to each their own.  

Edited by Ptroxx

3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Not the case on the explorer last week.  
no tables were blocked off at all.

Hopefully that goes fleetwide soon.  Hasn't been the case on the Allure, Symphony, and Navigator cruises I've been on in recent months.  So even with reduced capacity on the ships, you have to wander around hoping and praying to find a table in the Windjammer on embarkation day.

3 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Not sure what you mean about worth it to you to have a sit down lunch.  
Its not like your standing eating in the windjammer.  Lol .

A sit-down lunch is one where you sit down and others bring the food to you... as in not one where you carry your food to your table yourself.  A fast food or cafeteria (buffet) style meal is not considered a sit-down meal, even though you may be sitting down when you eat it.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Hopefully that goes fleetwide soon.  Hasn't been the case on the Allure, Symphony, and Navigator cruises I've been on in recent months.  So even with reduced capacity on the ships, you have to wander around hoping and praying to find a table in the Windjammer on embarkation day.

A sit-down lunch is one where you sit down and others bring the food to you... as in not one where you carry your food to your table yourself.  A fast food or cafeteria (buffet) style meal is not considered a sit-down meal, even though you may be sitting down when you eat it.  

Ok you win.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

I wasn't aware it was a contest?  

Well you wanted to make sure you get the last word in and keep trying to correct me.     

I’ve posted we never had to wonder around to find a table. The first day and every other day we went to breakfast.  Always sat in the same area when we went. Tons of room. And people to help us   
yes I got my own food and sat down at a table.  I was waited on by someone bringing my drinks.  

I’m  telling my experience from last week.

and I had non of the issues your talking about.  
but go ahead Im sure you’ll want to one up me again.  
Bye Felicia.  

• Haha 1