Dancing of the ships

Jamman54

16 hours ago, famof4togo said:

I found the Splendor to be my least favorite in terms of walking around, I found it had less "flow" than any other ship.  One leg up I always gave RCL over Carnival is how you can walk the promenade and hit most things you need to hit....and newer Carnival ships have adapted to this IMO...but that Splendor is so cut up IMO.

Thanks, and I agree. Of course by the time you figure out the flow, it's time to go. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, Saint Greg said:

I think this is good news for me. It looks like Splendor has the same number of 4Js that Freedom does.

You would think so but boy was I surprised when I got an interior room assignment. It turns out it was a spa interior. Still not what I wanted. So I decided to check on the deck plan because I remember switching classes in the past there was an issue with regular rooms on one class being accessible on another. Sure enough. Freedom has 2 accessible 4J rooms. Splendor has 10. One of them was my room. On top of that I find out of all cruises a former female....acquaintance of mine and husband are on this cruise. 

I start looking around and I find the week before has a 4J open. Almost the exact one I had on Freedom. Just a regular room not the accessible. $60 cheaper. I put it on hold. I look into my flight. It's not making sense. If I try to book it straight up the price is only $20 more. If I try to change the existing flight, it's $540 more. I call and have them do it over the phone. Just a website glitch. It only cost me $20 to change it. I could've tried a downgrade since I'm booked in first class. But after four months of being book in first class, I can't go back to coach. "I can't. I won't." 

Once I got my flight changed I was ready to change my cruise. TA couldn't touch the hold since I didn't have a pin number on it so I had to call CCL to get a pin number added. By the time that  happened it was after hours for my TA. My hold expired that night. I spent three hours on with Carnival trying to get my hold extended. Finally I did. Then of course 15 mins before the hold expired I get an email. "Click here to extend your hold." Oh well. I couldn't risk losing that room.

So all that's left is the hotel. I had a great black friday rate that was fully refundable and I got that refund. It's going to cost $100 more for the same booking now. But It's like $10 more than that for something a little better. So I'm still shopping around.

Icy Strait Point is the new port so if anyone has any suggestions there, let me know.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1