Dancing of the ships

Jamman54

I booked that Alaska cruise specifically for the Grand Scenic Ocean View Cabin.  I was thrilled to give that category a try. When I checked the Splendor, it does not have that category, and I am curious to see what the replacement cabin will be. I am hoping that I don’t just end up with a regular ocean view because prices have gone up. 

Interesting. Our September Panama Canal cruise on the Freedom is being switched to the Spirit. The above post shows an Alaskan cruise on the Freedom being switched to the Splendor. 
We also have an upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Miracle in May. Have not heard of any changes there. So maybe they will have the Spirt, Splendor, and Miracle all cruising Alaska in 2022?

freedomtospirit.thumb.jpg.587c86840f65bf27407823869ade2be0.jpg

10 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

I booked that Alaska cruise specifically for the Grand Scenic Ocean View Cabin.  I was thrilled to give that category a try. When I checked the Splendor, it does not have that category, and I am curious to see what the replacement cabin will be. I am hoping that I don’t just end up with a regular ocean view because prices have gone up. 

Splendor does have the 2 Grand Scenic OV cabins on deck 9 🙂

21 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Oh, how did I miss that! Thanks for that info. I was frantically trying to check deck plans on my phone. Are Splendor and Freedom Sister ships?

Splendor's sister ship was a Costa ship. It's actually not like any other Carnival ship. But seems to have a lot of similarities to destiny and conquest (Freedom) class ships.

Edited by Saint Greg

I’m on the Panama Canal repositioning cruise which has been changed to Spirit from Freedom and I’m very disappointed.  This was an expensive cruise, and I would not have booked it originally on the Spirit. I need to think about this; unfortunately I’ll be on board the Mardi Gras when we get the rest of the information about this change.

Edited by TravelBluebird

14 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Oh, how did I miss that! Thanks for that info. I was frantically trying to check deck plans on my phone. Are Splendor and Freedom Sister ships?

No, more like cousins! Splendor is in it's own class, but there are many similarities. I like Splendor so much more because it has an awesome spa. I'm super pleased with this change.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Splendor's sister ships are Costa ships. It's actually not like any other Carnival ship. But seems to have a lot of similarities to destiny and conquest (Freedom) class ships.

Thanks! We have been on the Splendor once and I remember a lot of pink! Had a fantastic time though. 

2 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I’m on the Panama Canal repositioning cruise which has been changed to Spirit from Freedom and I’m very disappointed.  This was an expensive cruise, and I would not have booked in originally on the Spirit. I need to think about this; unfortunately I’ll be on board the Mardi Gras when we get the rest of the information about this change.

You can access carnival.com for free when on Carnival's wifi.

Any word on Freedom cruises for fall of 2022 out of Miami?  Do you think they will be switched to Spirit or Splendor?  I still see you can book my Dec. 3, 2022 cruise, but I also see that I have the option to cancel for full credit.

21 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I’m on the Panama Canal repositioning cruise which has been changed to Spirit from Freedom and I’m very disappointed.  This was an expensive cruise, and I would not have booked it originally on the Spirit. I need to think about this; unfortunately I’ll be on board the Mardi Gras when we get the rest of the information about this change.

I would hope Carnival would give a little bit of a leeway for changing plans . We are on the same cruise but we are ok with the change as we have not been on either ship before .

• Like 1

I was booked on Freedom now Splendor.  I was really excited to Skagway due to I really wanted to do the train.  I have been to Sitka on Holland America it is so so beautiful, small town lots of history lots of scenery.  I just wanted to go to Skagway.  Oh well, it will still be fun.  We were on the Spa deck and hope we are still on the spa deck....... 

Well, I almost had it all right. Hadn't heard the Splendor part which is good for those that were disappointed about losing the Freedom. Saint Greg,  you've seen my many Splendor reviews to know your way around the ship and they added the Alchemy Bar after she left Long Beach. 😁

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:44 AM, BasicSailor said:

How to tell when the gossip starts, Just got off the phone with one of my contacts at Carniva🤣

Other than Splendor becoming the 3rd Alaska ship, I pretty much nailed it  😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Well, I almost had it all right. Hadn't heard the Splendor part which is good for those that were disappointed about losing the Freedom. Saint Greg,  you've seen my many Splendor reviews to know your way around the ship and they added the Alchemy Bar after she left Long Beach. 😁

Yes. I believe Hawaii was the last one. I remember commenting on which bar should be Alchemy. I checked this morning and it is alchemy now. There's also a nice size RFP that I'm not sure they had when you were on it. I think I'll enjoy it. The one thing that I know will upset some people on my cruise is no indoor pool. The screen on lido is a bit weird but I wouldn't think it's used as much in Alaska.

• Like 1

So it looks the the Spirit will be replacing the Freedom for the repositioning cruises through the canal, and the first, and last Alaskan cruises. Then the Splendor will replace the Freedom for all the Alaskan cruises EXCEPT the first and last ones. Strange. Where the will the Spirit go between the first and last of the Alaskan cruises?

Guest BasicSailor
16 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Other than Splendor becoming the 3rd Alaska ship, I pretty much nailed it  😛

Jeff, you're an easygoing guy for sure 👍 I had a few contacts I use to keep up with. My only problem was the information they fed me was as misleading as a free trip to outer space 🤣