Dancing of the ships

Jamman54

1 minute ago, BasicSailor said:

Jeff, you're an easygoing guy for sure 👍 I had a few contacts I use to keep up with. My only problem was the information they fed me was as misleading as a free trip to outer space 🤣

It's all good. 🤗  Didn't think to ask him about the Splendor which made me scare my buddy SG and several others! 🤪

15 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

It's all good. 🤗  Didn't think to ask him about the Splendor which made me scare my buddy SG and several others! 🤪

Some good came out of it. I went looking around on Saturday and found another 4J opened up at a lower price. I ended up with a $220 price drop. I did lose $75 OBC with the price drop. But it’s still a $145 gain for me….and converting $75 OBC to cash a week before final payment.

Edited by Saint Greg

11 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I wonder if the Splendor will be doing a Transpacific sailing in September. Ship is open for bookings Oct 5th 2022 from Sydney. 

Spirit is not showing there until 2023.

I believe John Heald did mention a Transpacific cruise.😎

I al got an email today saying changing to Splendor for my 5/17 Alaska. I've not been on Freedom, but I don't care for the Conquest family as much. Is Splendor easier to get around ( less going up / down over and back up / down)?

Edited by chadci

So does anyone know what’s actually going on here because I’m confused as hell. Are all the Spirit sailings new and the Freedom ones were just switched to Splendor? We’re also in a 4J on now Splendor and super glad it worked out that way, I’m just trying to make sense of this.. 

15 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

So does anyone know what’s actually going on here because I’m confused as hell. Are all the Spirit sailings new and the Freedom ones were just switched to Splendor? We’re also in a 4J on now Splendor and super glad it worked out that way, I’m just trying to make sense of this.. 

Yes, the Freedom sailings from Seattle were switched to Splendor. Spirit sailings are in addition to those.

• Thanks 1

I was booked in a 8F Balcony category, which was the spa deck of the Freedom.  When I look on Splendor's cabin category all of the 8F cabins are for 2 people, we have 4 booked.  Does anyone have an idea of what they will do?  I was really looking forwarded to being on the spa deck, maybe they will offer us to upgrade (one can only hope!!).

1 hour ago, chadci said:

I al got an email today saying changing to Splendor for my 5/17 Alaska. I've not been on Freedom, but I don't care for the Conquest family as much. Is Splendor easier to get around ( less going up / down over and back up / down)?

The Splendor is pretty much like the Conquest Class. The biggest difference is on the Lido Deck and above. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yes. I believe Hawaii was the last one. I remember commenting on which bar should be Alchemy. I checked this morning and it is alchemy now. There's also a nice size RFP that I'm not sure they had when you were on it. I think I'll enjoy it. The one thing that I know will upset some people on my cruise is no indoor pool. The screen on lido is a bit weird but I wouldn't think it's used as much in Alaska.

You are correct that the RFP was added after we last sailed her, along with Guy's Burgers, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, and the Alchemy Bar. They were all added after the Transpacific cruise from Long Beach to Singapore.

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chadci said:

I found the Splendor to be my least favorite in terms of walking around, I found it had less "flow" than any other ship.  One leg up I always gave RCL over Carnival is how you can walk the promenade and hit most things you need to hit....and newer Carnival ships have adapted to this IMO...but that Splendor is so cut up IMO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You are correct that the RFP was added after we last sailed her, along with Guy's Burgers, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, and the Alchemy Bar. They were all added after the Transpacific cruise from Long Beach to Singapore.

It’s amazing you survived two weeks at sea without any of those essentials! I cruised before Elation’s upgrades but never for more than 5 days at a time.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s amazing you survived two weeks at sea without any of those essentials! I cruised before Elation has those places but never for more than 5 days.

Except for maybe the Alchemy Bar, we didn't miss the others. The Grille was where Guy's is now and I loved the burgers there. The bars by the Lido Pool had all the Thirsty Frog products so no problem there. Enjoyed the last Tandoor in the fleet. It appears that they didn't install a Blue Iguana Cantina and left the Pizza there. I thought you liked that you didn't have to walk all the way to the back for your pizza, though you do if you want the deli!   :classic_cool:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Except for maybe the Alchemy Bar, we didn't miss the others. The Grille was where Guy's is now and I loved the burgers there. The bars by the Lido Pool had all the Thirsty Frog products so no problem there. Enjoyed the last Tandoor in the fleet. It appears that they didn't install a Blue Iguana Cantina and left the Pizza there. I thought you liked that you didn't have to walk all the way to the back for your pizza, though you do if you want the deli!   :classic_cool:

Yeah that pizza would be super convenient in the lido deck rooms I usually book. With me wanting 4J for Alaska I’m on deck 7. Still a shorter walk.

• Like 1

I haven't been on the Freedom or the Spirit. I have been on the legend is that similar to the Spirit. All I know is that the Spirit is smaller than the Freedom. I have an aft view extended Balcony on the 6th deck so I hope there is no difference there. In my mind I would rather sail the Freedom but I don't know why..talk me from the edge here. lol

Hoping someone can help with this question. We were to sail on the Freedom . We had a handicap  JR suite for 3. Now we are on the Splendor but it does not look like they have many ( I only found one)  handicap rooms for a party of three. Do you know what they will do for us.

Well Finally got the email from Carnival my Sept Elation is now the Freedom. Had never sailed on the Elation was kind of looking forward to being back on a smaller ship. Well quick check i have yet to  sail on the Freedom yet either ( although it is booked ) Guess not all bad.