Dancing of the ships

Jamman54

Just got off the phone with one of my contacts at Carnival, so here is what I got, though of course it is not official until it is announced.

The Carnival Spirit as you know will be in Jacksonville until the April 9th cruise. At the conclusion of that cruise she will reposition to Miami and take over for the Freedom beginning with the April 17 repo cruise to Seattle, and then summer in Alaska.

The Freedom will reposition to Port Canaveral taking over for the Elation, which will then reposition to Jacksonville.

The Spirit will take over the Freedom's itineraries through the summer of 2023, and then she may or may not head back to Austrailia.

Fun Times!! 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 4

• Jamman54 changed the title to Dancing of the ships
4 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

I am currently on the Freedom 4/17 Panama Canal ending in Seattle.  If I am reading correctly it will be the Carnival Spirit through the Panama Canal to Seattle?  

That's what I was told.

Ah man. Spirit doesn't have 4J cabins does it? I wouldn't have booked Alaska without one. It was a significant price upgrade as well...about 30-35%. None of that "window at an interior price" nonsense (it never is. It's always more but this time significantly more). 

Edited by Saint Greg

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Ah man. Spirit doesn't have 4J cabins does it? I wouldn't have booked Alaska without one. It was a significant price upgrade as well...about 30-35%. None of that "window at an interior price" nonsense (it never is. It's always more but this time significantly more). 

My guess you will be moved to a balcony. I think you'll love the Spirit Class Greg! 😎

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I hate the idea of being limited to one side. It'll probably be one of those obstructed view lifeboat things.

I forgot about the 4K's. People love them, but I wouldn't for Alaska. If what I'm told is true, then my April 2023 Freedom cruise will become the Spirit,  which we won't mind. 😎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Seems odd to deploy a smaller ship to Seattle, unless if there are plans for a second ship on that route.

Don't forget that the Miracle is also doing Alaska cruises, though from San Francisco. Carnival is a small player in the Alaskan cruise scene and the Spirit spent years doing Alaska cruises. 😎

44 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I forgot about the 4K's. People love them, but I wouldn't for Alaska. If what I'm told is true, then my April 2023 Freedom cruise will become the Spirit,  which we won't mind. 😎

Wait. 2023?? Not this year which is 2022?

45 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

4K that's it. I was researching the Pride Europe thing before my 4J opened up in Alaska.

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Wait. 2023?? Not this year which is 2022?

Yep, 2023 followed by a B2B on the Celebration. This April is a B2B on the Mardi Gras. We're booked to April 2024 which is a B2B on the Vista. 😎

26 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Yep, 2023 followed by a B2B on the Celebration. This April is a B2B on the Mardi Gras. We're booked to April 2024 which is a B2B on the Vista. 😎

Okay my Freedom is 2022. I thought you were saying spirit is going this year.