Almost live from Regal Princess February 12,2022

dickinson

13 hours ago, dickinson said:

I have heard that it is about the same as this current one... about 1800.

Thanks for checking. When Geoherb asked last week they thought it would drop off to 1400 so they must have had an uptick inlast minute bookings. Still it’s a lot less passengers than the 3300 we had on the Majestic last August so it will seem empty to us. 

It worked except I didn’t know how to edit the duplicates. My dh piece of carrot cake was huge. Mine was smaller but still huge. Lots of different cakes, pies, mousse etc. for those on next weeks cruise …. Have no fear. They will do it again!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Can someone ask if they have an approximate head of the 2/26 sailing?  I’m hoping it’s still low numbers.

I just checked with the Captain Circle Host (or whatever her title is now) and she said starting tomorrow there will be about 1400 people.  February 26 will be about 1200.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, floridababa said:

Can you possibly find out on the TA when we get to Rome how do we get tested to fly back to the US?  I have asked in several forums but no luck getting an answer.

Thank you so so much 

I'll try to find out.  Already went to Captain circle host but she will be off duty before I get back.  Maybe Passenger Services will know.  I'll check for you later.

24 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I just checked with the Captain Circle Host (or whatever her title is now) and she said starting tomorrow there will be about 1400 people.  February 26 will be about 1200.

Thank you so much.  Really appreciate you taking the time out of your cruise to do this for me.  

Enjoy tonight and your next week on board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, floridababa said:

Can you possibly find out on the TA when we get to Rome how do we get tested to fly back to the US?  I have asked in several forums but no luck getting an answer.

Thank you so so much 

Yes, I would like to know too.  I am on your Regal TA cruise, but for 7 days longer.  My 28-day TA will end in Athens.  I will stay one night and fly back to the U.S. the next day.  It will be nice if Princess offers free testing at the Athens terminal so we can test. Since we are flying out the next day, it will still meet the 1-day test requirement to enter the U.S.  If Princess only offers the test on the ship the day before disembarkation, then it will not work for us.   Currently, Princess offers free tests at the disembarkation terminal for cruises ending in the U.S. 

8 hours ago, dickinson said:

It worked except I didn’t know how to edit the duplicates. My dh piece of carrot cake was huge. Mine was smaller but still huge. Lots of different cakes, pies, mousse etc. for those on next weeks cruise …. Have no fear. They will do it again!

Was this a special lunch thing with the desserts? Will be on in a few weeks. That carrot cake looks amazing!

7 hours ago, floridababa said:

Thank you so so much 

I talked with the future cruise guy.  He said he did not know because things change.  He said if anything there will probably be testing at the airport .... for a price.

57 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Was this a special lunch thing with the desserts? Will be on in a few weeks. That carrot cake looks amazing!

It was listed in the patters and was called Pastry Extravaganza.  Horizon Court.  We got our dessert, put it on a table, then went back and got our lunch.  The carrot cake was delicious but I am not so sure it was cream cheese frosting.  The carrot cake served during the week  was not so good.  They used to have really good carrot cake but no more.  The frosting was weird.  One night in the dining room it was listed for dessert.  It was just a bigger piece of what you could get at the International Cafe or in the pastry shop in Horizon Court.  This week I will pass on it and just wait for Friday's pastry extravaganza.  

27 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Wishing everyone safe travels, whether you are going home or staying on for another week. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

22D78237-C3F6-4BDE-BBDB-AAF3A9F81398.jpeg

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us! We board the Regal in 3 weeks!

46 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Wishing everyone safe travels, whether you are going home or staying on for another week. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

Safe travels home and thanks for the live from contributions.  

Just want to say that today I asked at Passenger Services if there was a free shuttle to Pier 2. She said yes and that it ran all day.  I found that hard to believe.  We took it around 10:00 am to pier 2.  The driver said no he did not run all day but gave me his card to call him.  When we got back to Pier 2 I called but got his voice mail so we asked someone about walking to pier 21.  It took us about 45 minutes to walk .  It was hot out but we had no luggage.  Just tote bags and a purse.  It was exhausting because of the heat.  When we got to the ship we had lunch and then went to our new cabin,  Medallions didn't work.  Had to go back to Passenger Services.  In our new room one lamp shade was crooked.  Dh tried to fix but instead seemed to break the lamp!  Someone immediately came up and replaced it.  It also killed the circuit for other lights in the room.  Not a good beginning to the second cruise but I am sure it will all go well.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to bring this thread back up and I will do my best.

• Like 3

MedallionNet was a mess when we boarded and even the waitstaff was having trouble pulling up our accounts when we ordered a drink. It seems fine now. I have to say that the Ocean Navigators have been most helpful. My husband showed as offship and they had to get a supervisor to fix that one. Off to dinner in a few. Great to be back on a Princess ship again!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

As a Brit I have enjoyed your posts. Thank you.

We are on Regal in May in the Med, and your posts have wet our appetites.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

MedallionNet was a mess when we boarded and even the waitstaff was having trouble pulling up our accounts when we ordered a drink. It seems fine now. I have to say that the Ocean Navigators have been most helpful. My husband showed as offship and they had to get a supervisor to fix that one. Off to dinner in a few. Great to be back on a Princess ship again!

Have a good cruise. You never know if we will meet on board. We play a lot of trivia. 

• Like 1