Room service menu?

pathi

We are currently on Sky. There is no blue book with ship info, room service menu etc in the cabin. We asked our room steward about this and he says the book is not provided. Of course the medallion has its delivery menu. 

The problem is it does not have the old room service items. I am going to see if there is a paper menu etc.

The new menu is the menu. There is no old menu to order from.

You can find the menu on the medallion app and the tv. You can order anything to anywhere. You can now order any beverage, stuff from the shops and housekeeping items.

There are also options to order from Sabatini's.

Try the lime chicken tacos. I had them on Enchanted last month and they are yummy!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

So what is on the new room service menu now?

There's a ton of options.

1 - any beverage you can think of

2 - anything from the shops

3 - any housekeeping items

4 - hot food; hot dog, hamburger, chicken tacos, etc.

5 - cold food and appetizers; sandwiches, cheese plate, nachos and guacamole, etc.

6 - sweets/desserts

7 - pizza ($3)

8 - Limited (pay for) options from the specialty restaurants.

Here's what we found while on the Ruby last week.

The room service menu is easy to utilize, but extremely limited.

You can call the dine line and get other items.  IE:;  I wanted a glass of milk.  

I frequently had breakfast delivered and wrote in what I wanted and it was filled.  IE;  I wrote in that I wanted a plate of bacon and a bowl of berries.  Delivered at the given time every day.  

So don't feel that the printed/app choices are the only thing you can order.

22 minutes ago, justafem said:

Here's what we found while on the Ruby last week.

The room service menu is easy to utilize, but extremely limited.

You can call the dine line and get other items.  IE:;  I wanted a glass of milk.  

I frequently had breakfast delivered and wrote in what I wanted and it was filled.  IE;  I wrote in that I wanted a plate of bacon and a bowl of berries.  Delivered at the given time every day.  

So don't feel that the printed/app choices are the only thing you can order.

23 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

There's a ton of options.

1 - any beverage you can think of

2 - anything from the shops

3 - any housekeeping items

4 - hot food; hot dog, hamburger, chicken tacos, etc.

5 - cold food and appetizers; sandwiches, cheese plate, nachos and guacamole, etc.

6 - sweets/desserts

7 - pizza ($3)

8 - Limited (pay for) options from the specialty restaurants.

So you are saying a ton of options, but the person after you says the room service options are very limited.  I just wondered, as the room service options were always pretty limited in the past.  I was talking about food, not items from the shops or housekeeping items.  

5 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

So you are saying a ton of options, but the person after you says the room service options are very limited.  I just wondered, as the room service options were always pretty limited in the past.  I was talking about food, not items from the shops or housekeeping items.  

One man's feast is another man's famine. It's all subjective.

I don't specifically remember milk, because neither of us drink milk. I personally, did not notice anything missing from the beverage menu. Coffee, tea, soda, water, every type of beer and wine they have on board, and all liquors. Specialty coffees, etc., were all there, as I recall.

I believe, since the last time we cruised, there were boatloads more food options. Calamari from Sabatini's, cheesecake from Crown Grill, and I gave you examples of all the other types of options.

You'll have to cruise and decide for yourself whether the medallion app menu is to your liking or not.  We never had a problem finding something, and we had stuff delivered all around the ship.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Here are photos of the chicken tacos, Caesar salad, and key lime pie I had last week on the Regal through room service. I also ordered guacamole and chips and a beer one time. Service is fast: 10-12 minutes.

Those lime tacos were so good on Enchanted last month.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pathi said:

We are currently on Sky. There is no blue book with ship info, room service menu etc in the cabin. We asked our room steward about this and he says the book is not provided. Of course the medallion has its delivery menu. 

The problem is it does not have the old room service items. I am going to see if there is a paper menu etc.

Go to TV, click on dining, then select Ocean Now  food-drink-service ( see top row) you can also make dining reservations by clicking Dine My Way or see menus by clicking menus.B3B6BEAA-1820-4F32-9399-555C40B08EAD.thumb.jpeg.3c70e9d2d0a7ad6981083342fe53e15c.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Will try and upload menu pics.  My first attempt wasn’t good!

Lol. I thought it was great, and proves why opinions on whether it’s minimal or plentiful are so subjective. I found it having a ton more variety than most nicer hotel room service options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

Lol. I thought it was great, and proves why opinions on whether it’s minimal or plentiful are so subjective. I found it having a ton more variety than most nicer hotel room service options.

I meant my first attempt at loading pictures LOL.  We ate off room service menu and found it very good. 

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I meant my first attempt at loading pictures LOL.  We ate off room service menu and found it very good. 

Me too. I had no issue with your original post with the pics!! Lol. I understand the desire for perfect and I appreciate you posting them. I took a ton of pics of the tv, just forgot some menu shots.

• Like 1

I may be a luddite but I want a paper menu at every restaurant I go to.  Have you ever noticed that most of the land restaurants you go to now try to make you use a menu on your cell phone.  I refuse to do that and always insist on a paper menu. 

Menus on your TV are yet another example of technology trying to unsuccessfully adapt my needs to what the IT people and the bean counters have decided that I want.  Although I do not cruise on Princess I check the board occasionally and it seems as if half of the posts on the Princess board are about how badly the Medallion works.

DON

25 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I may be a luddite but I want a paper menu at every restaurant I go to.  Have you ever noticed that most of the land restaurants you go to now try to make you use a menu on your cell phone.  I refuse to do that and always insist on a paper menu. 

Menus on your TV are yet another example of technology trying to unsuccessfully adapt my needs to what the IT people and the bean counters have decided that I want.  Although I do not cruise on Princess I check the board occasionally and it seems as if half of the posts on the Princess board are about how badly the Medallion works.

DON

So, my kids think I'm a luddite because I want to play 2-dimensional Mario and they are playing completely immersive online multi player internet experience games, with chat and chairs that vibrate when something happens.

It's what we want to know learn, versus what we don't really care to know/learn. I couldn't care less about those games, but other technology, I'm crazy about.

Your opinion of the paper menu is as valid as my preferring the electronic menu. New generations have developed new technology since the invention of mankind. The previous generations always think the later generations are going to be giant bleep-ups!

Enjoy your paper menus and enjoy having the choice. Other people's opinion of you is none of your business.

• Like 1

I’m not going to say I’m not at least a little salty about the disappearance of the lasagna bolognese from the room service menu - it was truly my favourite item and while I love many, many things about the OceanNOW offering, this feels like a very personal attack.  *sniffle*

This section of the app needs work - there’s no way to request both veggie deletion from a burger and have it come with condiments.  There’s no free-form comment box.  There’s no way I can find to order breakfast items beyond the egg sandwich, even during breakfast hours.    There is no soup du jour despite what may be happening in Horizon Court or the IC. The chicken strips are described as coming with a BBQ or ranch dipping sauce, but there’s no option to choose it. There’s no mechanism to specify the type of J in a PB&J, and perhaps most maddeningly (well, second-most after the lasagna) there is no option for dinner rolls with the soups or salads.   

If I sound peevish about this, it’s because I don’t have a bowl of soup, a green salad, dinner rolls with butter and a #%!?!^# lasagna lunch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VibeGuy said:

I’m not going to say I’m not at least a little salty about the disappearance of the lasagna bolognese from the room service menu - it was truly my favourite item and while I love many, many things about the OceanNOW offering, this feels like a very personal attack.  *sniffle*

This section of the app needs work - there’s no way to request both veggie deletion from a burger and have it come with condiments.  There’s no free-form comment box.  There’s no way I can find to order breakfast items beyond the egg sandwich, even during breakfast hours.    There is no soup du jour despite what may be happening in Horizon Court or the IC. The chicken strips are described as coming with a BBQ or ranch dipping sauce, but there’s no option to choose it. There’s no mechanism to specify the type of J in a PB&J, and perhaps most maddeningly (well, second-most after the lasagna) there is no option for dinner rolls with the soups or salads.   

If I sound peevish about this, it’s because I don’t have a bowl of soup, a green salad, dinner rolls with butter and a #%!?!^# lasagna lunch. 

When I figured out how to customize,  it got better, but once I ordered a plain hot dog with ketchup for the fries, and one with mustard, relish,  onions and tomato, we got three dogs with onions and tomatoes.  It mostly worked,  though. 

We did get Cole slaw about half the time,  though we never checked the box.

Can we talk about the cole slaw?

I’m super white.  Like “naturalist in Alaska reported seeing a beluga whale in the Lotus Spa Pool” white.   Like unseasoned chicken white.  Like “mayonnaise is too spicy” white.  

But never in my white life have I put raisins in the cole slaw. 

back to the condiments and garnish - if you try to remove four things (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle:  my DH is a fussy eater), you can’t ask for ketchup, mustard and that spicy mayo.  They count add-ons and deletions as changes, and changes are four per item per customer, rather arbitrarily. 

If I ran the zoo, the user stories for the room service section would all point to the SURPRISINGLY well-engineered Wendy’s or Taco Bell apps for commentary on customization. 

• Haha 4