The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Security seems to be the same for everyone on the ship so this topic needs to be where to go after security has been complete.

Just a heads up that this was not the case on our Haven cruise out of Port Canaveral. Priority Access and Haven both went to a separate area off to the right of the main security line. Priority Access had one line and Haven went through the special assistance passengers line, along with the folks with wheelchairs/mobility aids and their families. BIG CAVEAT: The terminal we left from looked like it was normally a Carnival terminal. There was Carnival signage everywhere so this might well be atypical, but take my experience for what it's worth.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

Just a heads up that this was not the case on our Haven cruise out of Port Canaveral. Priority Access and Haven both went to a separate area off to the right of the main security line. Priority Access had one line and Haven went through the special assistance passengers line, along with the folks with wheelchairs/mobility aids and their families. BIG CAVEAT: The terminal we left from looked like it was normally a Carnival terminal. There was Carnival signage everywhere so this might well be atypical, but take my experience for what it's worth.

Same with the Manhattan Cruise Terminal as well. There is a Haven security line on the left that is shorter and separate from the normal security line. 

Regarding the sundeck servers, this past November on the Joy we had plenty of servers on the indoor and outdoor sundeck coming around for drink orders on a pretty regular basis. But that was before the staffing changes, so it could have changed for the worse…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, psac said:

this past November on the Joy we had plenty of servers on the indoor and outdoor sundeck coming around for drink orders on a pretty regular basis.

We had the same on Joy in December. In fact, a server just bringing us drinks in the hot tub because they knew our order was not uncommon. This was both a blessing and a curse at times. 😅

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2023 at 3:36 PM, Sthrngary said:

The challenge with a Luxury Experience is when it does not continue to improve.  When you first receive it you are completely blown away as you will be with the Haven.  Then, and I know this is unfair to say, you expect more.  Now is not the time for more in the cruise industry.  But status que especially for new Haven guest will as I said blow your mind.

@Sthrngary your time and efforts in this thread are very much appreciated.  I'm glad that you have helped us first time Haven sailors understand that your perspective is from past experiences and that as first timers, who may only have had outside of the "ship within a ship" experiences, we will still be impressed ("blow your mind") and the experience will be what we make of it.  Always has for us.  Your tips (secrets) will only enhance the opportunity for that!

We are on the Prima in the 2-bedroom Haven suite, with our adult son & wife, for their Iceland/Norway itinerary this September.  We have already planned a number of non-NCL excursions in several ports and some other activities, so I'm trying to get a better idea of timing, so.....

....a few questions (and queries of what we've read here) for any and all....

1.  Typically what are the hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant?

2.  It looks like you can only get Haven menu room service while the restaurant is open.  Is that correct?

3.  Does the room service breakfast come from the Haven restaurant?

4.  Understanding Haven guests get priority disembarkation, that it is dependent on clearance at the individual port and that our Butler will tell us the night before, is there an average of how soon after "arrival" the Haven guests typically can disembark?

5.  When I called the onshore Concierge desk, they were most helpful, but rattled through a variety of options to "Set up our suite".  Besides the pillow menu, emptying the refrigerator, she mentioned stocking the suite with juices, waters and M&M snacks.  Before asking our Butler once on board, does anyone have experience with what the options are for the juices and the "M&M Snacks"

Thanks in advance!  

McGarrett

4 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

1.  Typically what are the hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant?

2.  It looks like you can only get Haven menu room service while the restaurant is open.  Is that correct?

4.  Understanding Haven guests get priority disembarkation, that it is dependent on clearance at the individual port and that our Butler will tell us the night before, is there an average of how soon after "arrival" the Haven guests typically can disembark?

5.  When I called the onshore Concierge desk, they were most helpful, but rattled through a variety of options to "Set up our suite".  Besides the pillow menu, emptying the refrigerator, she mentioned stocking the suite with juices, waters and M&M snacks.  Before asking our Butler once on board, does anyone have experience with what the options are for the juices and the "M&M Snacks"

Here are my answers, which will likely be different than others.

1. These do depend on the sailing and whether it's a port/sea day. Generally speaking, breakfast begins about 7 AM - 10 AM, lunch 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM, dinner 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM. Again, general hours, your sailing may differ.

2. You are only able to get items from the Haven menus when the Haven restaurant is open. You can get room service at any time, 24/7, but are limited to the restaurants open. We ordered from Shanghai Noodle Bar on Getaway in January. We gave our butler a heads up on embarkation day and he suggested to give him at least a one hour notice. 

3. If you request it from the Haven restaurant, then yes. Otherwise, it may come from another galley.

4. This is tricky. On our January cruise, they held Haven guests half an hour after disembarkation began. I don't know why. In April, we were led off the ship about an hour after getting tied up to the dock (I have no clue the correct terminology for this). Docking? Maybe. In August, we waited two hours after docking, but were some of the first off the ship. 

5. When we meet with our butler, we will give him a list of what we want from the afternoon snacks: PB&J on white bread, not whole grain junk, BLT's on white bread, not whole grain junk, crackers and cheese, fresh fruit trays, chocolate dipped strawberries/pineapples. With the exception of the strawberries and pineapples and white bread, which we're adamant about, we typically get the lousy afternoon snacks and the ones requested. I really don't think the Haven is equipped to handle afternoon snack requests that well. Here is what we sent to the pre-cruise concierge, who said everything below will be in our room when we arrive:

1. In-room fridge: if any for sale items are in the fridge, please take them out. 
2. In-room fridge: please keep a pitcher of water and iced tea in the fridge, upon embarkation
3. Snacks: we'd like peanut M&M's and gummy bears in our suite, upon embarkation.
4. Bedding: please provide a second blanket in the room. If a fleece blanket, please provide two. 
5. Lounger: based on photos of the balcony, we believe one lounger will fit on the balcony, along with the two standard chairs and table. Please place one lounger on the balcony for our use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

@Sthrngary your time and efforts in this thread are very much appreciated.  I'm glad that you have helped us first time Haven sailors understand that your perspective is from past experiences and that as first timers, who may only have had outside of the "ship within a ship" experiences, we will still be impressed ("blow your mind") and the experience will be what we make of it.  Always has for us.  Your tips (secrets) will only enhance the opportunity for that!

@McGarrett5oh My pleasure.

48 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

It looks like you can only get Haven menu room service while the restaurant is open.  Is that correct?

That is correct.  There is also no service charge for room service when in the Haven. 

49 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

Does the room service breakfast come from the Haven restaurant?

Yes if open and you were crystal clear with your butler upfront. 

50 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

Understanding Haven guests get priority disembarkation, that it is dependent on clearance at the individual port and that our Butler will tell us the night before, is there an average of how soon after "arrival" the Haven guests typically can disembark?

Go to the Haven Desk in the Haven Lounge for that information.  I usually would go to or call the Haven desk the morning of to see if the ship cleared.  They would have all the info.  They would take you down the service elevators and right off the ship.  Very nice especially on the last day when you have an early flight out. 

52 minutes ago, McGarrett5oh said:

does anyone have experience with what the options are for the juices and the "M&M Snacks"

Depends on the ship.  Most ships do the normal stuff like Orange or Apple juice.  They are usually very accommodating. 

Hope that helps and I know others will be giving you great advice.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:25 PM, Sthrngary said:

@lisa928 You and others are the reason why I love CruiseCritic.com.  I assure you when folks are mean, or rude or turn up the heat on me I have to have a internal conversation with myself.  It goes like this, "Gary, you can take the High Road, or the Low Road.  The Low Road is like scratching an itch.  It initially feels GOOD and then becomes infected.  The High Road is much harder work and rarely recognized."  

The way I look at it, when anyone spends the extra premium to be in the Haven, they should know all the benefits and how to utilize them.  To many folks say things like, "I never asked the butler to do anything", or something else related to the Haven.  By sharing the "Secrets" so they are no longer "Secrets"; benefits current and future Haven Guest as well as NCL.  

I always want to make sure that everyone has Realistic Expectations about the Haven also.  That is why when folks write a review and the give Pros and Cons of the Haven; it support others enjoyment of the experience.  

Now for me selfishly.  The last two cruise (One I did on the Joy Solo the other we are about to do on the Breakaway) My wife and I will not be in the Haven.  I wish we were however like everyone else, we all have to look at our budgets and do the right thing for our selves.  In my case, I want to take a 10 day cruise in the Mediterranean at the end of 2023.  I can't do that and do the Haven.  The best part of this is I have learned to have a GREAT time doing Haven lite.  The key is cruising and the ocean.  Being with old and new friends.  We all put in our Bids for upgrade and hope for the best.  In my case, it really won't matter.  I just love to cruise.  

Thanks again for your kind words. I wish my family knew that I am not thought of as an idiot on CruiseCritic, LOL.  Just being a Dad, I think.

I totally relate to this.  Be at see and enjoy. I also tend toward the spreadsheet, but I caution myself to plan and restrain  I don’t want to usurp the enjoyment of my husband who wants more spontaneity and more relaxed enjoyment  I’m a nut, but don’t want to make my travels nutty  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, McGarrett5oh said:

We are on the Prima in the 2-bedroom Haven suite, with our adult son & wife, for their Iceland/Norway itinerary this September.  We have already planned a number of non-NCL excursions in several ports and some other activities, so I'm trying to get a better idea of timing, so.....

....a few questions (and queries of what we've read here) for any and all....

Thanks in advance!  

McGarrett

If you're sailing on the 9/7/23 sailing, we'll be with you.

When you first get on board, in your room there will be a letter listing the hours of the Haven restaurant for each port day, and each sea day. It will be similar to this one that we had just 15 days ago when our trip started.

image.thumb.png.f3ecc1ded84e4fd28e471b5b0c65b48d.png

When we get on board, we ask the butler for a copy of the Haven restaurant menus to be in our room. That way we can order from those menus without having to remember what they offer. If you put the breakfast card out the night before, just write in whatever you want - don't go by what is printed on the card, you can write in anything you want and order the Haven specials if you want them.

As soon as the ship is cleared, you can disembark with the Haven concierge. At special ports of calls (tender stops) there will be a separate letter in your cabin the night before explaining the process, where to go, and what time to be there if you want to be one of the first off.

With regards to snacks and drinks in the room - unless you're in an owner's suite, I wouldn't bother telling the shoreside folks what you want. The success rate is less than 50%. Better off to just have a short note drafted for your butler that you can give them the first day with your preferences listed out. I had asked ahead for a memory foam pillow - didn't get it until the 2nd night of the cruise. 

As for what types of food/drinks you can request - it's almost limitless. We just got off a 15 day trip and to be honest the snacks got quite repetitive because we had listed some specific things that we enjoyed. They started showing up every single day for the past 2 weeks. So as much as I enjoy a BLT with potato chips, I don't want it 15 days in a row....We've found you're better off saying general preferences: savory snacks over sweet snacks, salty/crunchy snacks over chewy/chocolately ones.... or whatever your enjoy. Each time we've sailed in the Haven we've had to fine tune/tweek our butler letter as there's always something lost in translation, but we're getting closer to that perfect experience.

If you want examples of the excessive trays of food we had over these past 15 days, just ask or peek through the thread I started at the beginning of our trip on the Joy. Lots of photos in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you're sailing on the 9/7/23 sailing, we'll be with you.

This is a terrific reply.  Thank you so much.   The photo you posted was really helpful to get a sense of what we might get.  We also read through your Panama Canal Joy post.  

We will be boarding the Prima after you disembark, as we're on the 9/17/23 sailing from Southampton visiting a few of the same ports you will too.

Hello my dear Haven experts!! I have a question. A controversial question. A question that will make some convulse. I'm sorry, but I have to do it, so that I prepare my husband and I for our cruise. 

Before asking, if at all possible, please just keep to this specific question. I really don't want to create a huge tangent (hence my hesitation in even asking this question). 

On our previous Getaway sailings, we were always allowed to enter the Haven Restaurant wearing t-shirts, athletic shorts (sometimes PJ pants), and flip flops. I've created a stir somewhere else with people showing placards that the Breakaway Haven Restaurant requires collared shirts and closed-toe shoes. Saturday, we'll be boarding Norwegian Joy. For those that have cruised frequently (and recently) on Joy (specifically), do you know if there is a dress code for the restaurant? Do they allow flippie floppies, t-shirts, and athletic shorts for all meals, including dinner? Or, are they more demanding requiring collars and sneakers?

Thank you...and please don't less this question take us through the whirlwind of where it could go. 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hello my dear Haven experts!! I have a question. A controversial question. A question that will make some convulse. I'm sorry, but I have to do it, so that I prepare my husband and I for our cruise. 

Before asking, if at all possible, please just keep to this specific question. I really don't want to create a huge tangent (hence my hesitation in even asking this question). 

On our previous Getaway sailings, we were always allowed to enter the Haven Restaurant wearing t-shirts, athletic shorts (sometimes PJ pants), and flip flops. I've created a stir somewhere else with people showing placards that the Breakaway Haven Restaurant requires collared shirts and closed-toe shoes. Saturday, we'll be boarding Norwegian Joy. For those that have cruised frequently (and recently) on Joy (specifically), do you know if there is a dress code for the restaurant? Do they allow flippie floppies, t-shirts, and athletic shorts for all meals, including dinner? Or, are they more demanding requiring collars and sneakers?

Thank you...and please don't less this question take us through the whirlwind of where it could go. 🙂

@cruiseny4life I can see why you phrased your question the way you did.  I did the Haven on the Getaway, Breakaway and Joy most recently.  The Haven is a place were 99% of the folks at dinner time have nice pants, collared shirt and close toed shows.  Lunch and breakfast are more casual.  

The issue is not so much NCL policy.  It is what the normal is.  Bathing suite, or workout shorts are not quite formal enough however I don't think the staff will say anything to you during breakfast and lunch.  Dinner is another story.  It is the other Haven Guest that will give you the evil eye as I have seen so many time.  

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

For those that have cruised frequently (and recently) on Joy (specifically), do you know if there is a dress code for the restaurant? Do they allow flippie floppies, t-shirts, and athletic shorts for all meals, including dinner? Or, are they more demanding requiring collars and sneakers?

I cannot answer for Joy, but I recently cruised on Encore's Haven. The only dress code I'm aware of in the Haven restaurant: no swimsuits, and no baseball caps in the indoor area of the restaurant (I was in fact asked to remove my cap at lunch one day when I inadvertently came in with it still on).

• Thanks 2

We sail Haven on all our NCL cruises. My dh never packs pants 🤦🏻‍♀️ At night he wears the nylon golf shorts and a golf shirt. 

We eat breakfast and lunch exclusively in Haven restaurant and dinner is inside and outside Haven in specialty restaurants. For LeBistro, we sometimes are seated inside the restaurant and have also been seated "outside" seating of the restaurant due to his shorts. 

Enjoy! Cant wait to start reading when you get on the ship and pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, js said:

For LeBistro, we sometimes are seated inside the restaurant and have also been seated "outside" seating of the restaurant due to shorts.

So in other words, if you want to make sure you get outside seating at LeBistro (which we’d much prefer), then we better wear shorts? Great idea! 😁

I very much prefer wearing (nice, good quality and decent brand) shorts given the weather outside in the Caribbean or Med but this seems to be okay in most places (couldn’t care less about anyone’s dirty stares, I’m not entering the restaurant only wearing Speedos or something).

The thing that cracks me up is the “collard” shirts rule which just seems so old fashioned to me. The only place I ever wear collared shirts is in the office and even there, it gets more and more normal to just wear a neat clean T-shirt. Which is what I wear almost all the time, maybe a sweater in Winter. I’m not talking about some crazy printed T-shirt with some brain eating zombies on it or anything like that. I’m thinking a nice neat shirt, Thommy or A&F or something like that.

I’ll pack a “collard” (but short sleeved- hehe) Shirt, just in case but most of my T-shirts actually look nicer 🙄.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

SOUNDS WERD.  Y  not just dress normal ?

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Shorts and Tshirts are allowed in Haven restaurant. 

Thank you! That has definitely been my experience, so I'm glad to hear this from another cruiser.

16 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@cruiseny4life I can see why you phrased your question the way you did.  I did the Haven on the Getaway, Breakaway and Joy most recently.  The Haven is a place were 99% of the folks at dinner time have nice pants, collared shirt and close toed shows.  Lunch and breakfast are more casual.  

The issue is not so much NCL policy.  It is what the normal is.  Bathing suite, or workout shorts are not quite formal enough however I don't think the staff will say anything to you during breakfast and lunch.  Dinner is another story.  It is the other Haven Guest that will give you the evil eye as I have seen so many time.  

Hope that helps. 

Thank you! I'll be a little flip. I don't care what others think. They can stink eye/evil eye me all they want. I'll dress how I'd like, IF IT'S ALLOWED by the restaurant. I've always been very careful to note I obey the dress code. I was just thrown off by the Breakaway collared shirt placard.

Thank you very much for your thoughts, as always!

16 hours ago, palpieha said:

I cannot answer for Joy, but I recently cruised on Encore's Haven. The only dress code I'm aware of in the Haven restaurant: no swimsuits, and no baseball caps in the indoor area of the restaurant (I was in fact asked to remove my cap at lunch one day when I inadvertently came in with it still on).

Phew, glad to hear Encore is this way too. Haha, funny time! In December/January we were in the Haven. I observed several men wear a cap into the Haven Restaurant (I wouldn't, unless I forget to take it off). Anyway, they were allowed to dine. But, wear a cap at Shanghai Noodle Bar? Most definitely the most casual sit down type restaurant on the ship (other than O'Sheehan's). No cap allowed! The maitre d was forcing everyone to take their cap off prior to sitting down.

I have no judgment on caps. I get bad hair days and hiding that balding spot. I'm in the camp of "hide the bald," but my grandma didn't raise no slouch!

11 hours ago, js said:

We sail Haven on all our NCL cruises. My dh never packs pants 🤦🏻‍♀️ At night he wears the nylon golf shorts and a golf shirt. 

We eat breakfast and lunch exclusively in Haven restaurant and dinner is inside and outside Haven in specialty restaurants. For LeBistro, we sometimes are seated inside the restaurant and have also been seated "outside" seating of the restaurant due to his shorts. 

Enjoy! Cant wait to start reading when you get on the ship and pictures. 

Thank you, seriously, thank you! I'm thinking I will make a Le Bistro reservation and request/be forced to sit outside. All I want are the snails. Never had them. Want to try them. Outdoor dining sounds perfect for this.

And, thanks for the kind words! I hope my limited WiFi will allow for great photos to be downloaded in "live"ish time.

11 hours ago, Sydneyberlin said:

So in other words, if you want to make sure you get outside seating at LeBistro (which we’d much prefer), then we better wear shorts? Great idea! 😁

I very much prefer wearing (nice, good quality and decent brand) shorts given the weather outside in the Caribbean or Med but this seems to be okay in most places (couldn’t care less about anyone’s dirty stares, I’m not entering the restaurant only wearing Speedos or something).

The thing that cracks me up is the “collard” shirts rule which just seems so old fashioned to me. The only place I ever wear collared shirts is in the office and even there, it gets more and more normal to just wear a neat clean T-shirt. Which is what I wear almost all the time, maybe a sweater in Winter. I’m not talking about some crazy printed T-shirt with some brain eating zombies on it or anything like that. I’m thinking a nice neat shirt, Thommy or A&F or something like that.

I’ll pack a “collard” (but short sleeved- hehe) Shirt, just in case but most of my T-shirts actually look nicer 🙄.

Oh my gosh you had me scared I misspelled collarEd!! Hahaha so funny though. I love it. 🙂 Even though I'm a native NY'er, I do enjoy some collard greens though. Probably that southern grandma I referenced above.

I keep going on and on about work requiring me to wear a suit and tie...well we've just transitioned to a "dress for your day" policy which means we can wear jeans, t-shirts, sweaters, etc. I'm still in that half and half transition of a button up shirt, with jeans or slacks. I can't quite get to the t-shirt part. The last couple weeks has involved sneakers which is weird with slacks! My lovely, beautiful, sweet, dear pups decided to eat both of my office shoes (aka dress). Like, everything! Except the rubber sole. I guess they have a taste for cow hide.

10 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

SOUNDS WERD.  Y  not just dress normal ?

Normal? Hehehehe....I do currently live a normal life, with a husband, corporate job (like I legit work in the corporate, international HQ). I wake up, go to work, come home, have dinner and go to sleep. That's normal right?

Alas, I haven't always been so "normal" if such a contrived thing is possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

In the Haven on both the Getaway and the Escape I work flip flops, shorts and t-shirts to breakfast. Once in a while to dinner. It was a little strange seeing families, couples in PJ's at breakfast. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

In the Haven on both the Getaway and the Escape I work flip flops, shorts and t-shirts to breakfast. Once in a while to dinner. It was a little strange seeing families, couples in PJ's at breakfast. 

In the morning on the BReakaway, I did see some children at breakfast in PJs but always out in the courtyard. But honestly, do i care that others are wearing Pjs for breakfast even in the Dining room...NOPE, its your cruise your experience, if its allowed go for it 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

All I know is, in the Haven Restaurant and Ocean Blue, I wore my service dress blue uniform and they let me right in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CDR Benson said:

All I know is, in the Haven Restaurant and Ocean Blue, I wore my service dress blue uniform and they let me right in.

@CDR Benson  Hello sir.  Great response.  The discussion on dress on NCL and other mainstream brands have always created debate.  It creates the same emotions as children taking over the Haven Courtyard/hot tubs/pools.  Your response kind of in its own way said it all.  It does not get more formal than your Dress Blue.  

I fully realize dressing for meals especially dinner used to the the standard for cruising any brand.  At the time, it made the meal seem more eventful and special.  Yet the masses complained and that was their right to do so.  To each his own.  However when the dress code became more relaxed, it basically went to no dress code at all.  That is a shame from my perspective.

All that said, I have seen folks come to breakfast in their night clothes or to lunch in their swim suits.  It was noticeable however did not effect my pleasure in the experience in anyway. For me and not saying a thing should change, I would hope the dinner meal could be a bit different.  Country Club casual would be nice.  However, if someone wanted shorts, a tea shirt and flip flops it again would not effect my pleasure in the evening.  

I again and will continue to say I hope we can cruise together some time.  I assure you, I will be dressed accordingly as we have dinner because that would my pleasure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CDR Benson said:

Oh Commander! You know what I love most about the Haven? In my experience it has been such an inclusive, lovely environment where your style, and my style, are invited, welcomed, and provided with equally amazing service. 

I do believe it would be an honor to cruise alongside you and the dear Mrs. Benson at some point. Out of respect I would even put on a pair of shoes, slacks, and a collarEd shirt.:-) In a previous life, I worked with several active generals, a few retired ones, and most memorably, an admiral who I made extraordinarily happy when I denied a certain senator from Vermont a place of honor at the event the admiral was chair of (I was the staff advisor to the event). I do wonder if I would enjoy my working life if I still had that job, which most definitely included suits and ties (I was a civilian), and extremely long hours.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Not a Haven expert, but my husband wore nice shorts at dinner in the Haven restaurant on the Joy last year.    On his feet, he had on Keene sandals.  Never an issue with that restaurant or any others that we ate at.   Next week he, along with our son, will also be wearing nice shorts and sandals while dining both in and out of Haven.  The only pants they will have on them will be the jeans they wore on the plane flying out from New York to Puerto Rico.   I personally think their shorts with a nice shirt (my husband is partial to Tommy Bahama shirts--both collared and non-collared) is a nicer look then some of the jeans and sweats I have seen.    

So, you do you and everyone should do what makes them happy.   My steak will taste the same no matter what someone is wearing at the table next to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Was in the Getaway Haven in January and I remember people in "getting off the ship" gear for breakfast or lunch (as well as pajama pants and t-shirts). Shorts, t-shirts, backpacks, etc. Lots of casual sundresses, casual capris/t-shirts. We did remark that it was the most informal dinner group we'd seen in a Haven before - not in a sloppy way, just casual. I commented at one point that I hadn't seen a single tie on a man, even those otherwise dressed a little nicer than casual. Can't recall if I saw any cocktail dresses - maybe one? A couple of spangly tops with black slacks on women. 

Do not recall looking at anybody's feet, so I can't comment on that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thank you, seriously, thank you! I'm thinking I will make a Le Bistro reservation and request/be forced to sit outside. All I want are the snails. Never had them. Want to try them. Outdoor dining sounds perfect for this.

Just to clarify, "outside" seating at Le Bistro is generally in the public walkway outside the restaurant. So basically it's like dining outside Aeropostale at the mall. I'm sure the service and food are identical to inside the restaurant, but the ambience is decidedly different. 

If there's a ship with genuine "outdoor" Le Bistro seating, that would be a lovely way to enjoy their menu. 

• Like 1