Get off ship in one port, but meet it in the next one?

HokieK

Hi, Can we get off the ship in Skagway, AK (docked 7am-3pm) and stay in Haines on our excursion and just meet the ship in Haines? We're docked in Haines from 5pm-10pm...I'd like to get off in Skagway, take the fast ferry to Haines (which would cause us to miss the departure from Skagway) and then just board gain in Haines when it catches up up to us. Does Royal Caribbean let you do this?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Ain't going to happen. If you leave the cruise without permission which at this time wouldnt be granted there is a fine the cruiseline has to pay they would try to pass on to you as well. 

Since covid there havent been any instances rcl has allowed it.

There is no fine.  That is nonsense.

• Haha 1

Isn't this equivalent to "missing" the ship and then joining it at the next port? In which case, you could make it happen, but you also have to hope there won't be last minute schedule changes and the ship goes to Haines as planned. 

That has never been allowed between US ports. If you miss embarkation from a US port, you can't fly to Key West or Port Canaveral and board there instead. That is the whole point of the PVSA, they didn't want cruise ships competing with the ferry business.  I think the OP's request is not likely to granted.  

It used to allowed at foreign ports. On one cruise (on Princess), they dropped a dozen passengers off at Playa del Carmen for an all day excursion and they reboarded the next day in Cozumel. But from what has been reported, (Royal Caribbean) isn't even allowing that at present. 

Edited by Coralc

I’m one hundred percent sure that within the last few months Royal Caribbean and most of the other major  cruise lines canceled any down line changes to there current voyages. If you leave the ship at a scheduled port and expect to reboard  at the next stop it’s not going to happen. Many years ago if you notified the company that you wanted to make a change down line they would consider it and you would be charged for that change. Covid caused the companies to make changes they didn’t want to make.

2 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

I’m one hundred percent sure that within the last few months Royal Caribbean and most of the other major  cruise lines canceled any down line changes to there current voyages. If you leave the ship at a scheduled port and expect to reboard  at the next stop it’s not going to happen. Many years ago if you notified the company that you wanted to make a change down line they would consider it and

you would be charged for that change.

Covid caused the companies to make changes they didn’t want to make.

That there was a extra charge associated with getting off early is what I remember someone saying they were charged. 

I see the grammar police didnt like my wording. 

• Like 1