Explorer OTS - VOOM

RobinKS

We were on Explorer last November and it wasn't the best we have ever had but it was functional.  Not the greatest in our room 7568 but we had no problems when up on the pool deck.  We still were able to do everything we could do at home on our wireless...Sometimes depending on our location while trying to use it was just a little slower.

Edited by Psycho and Barb
spelling
  • Like 1

Was on board last week and it was terrible.  
tried to watch the 24 hr Daytona and we couldn’t was always buffering.   
Supper slow trying to load sites.  Always kicking you off and having to reconnect. 

2 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We were on Explorer last November and it wasn't the best we have ever had but it was functional.  Not the greatest in our room 7568 but we had no problems when up on the pool deck.  We still were able to do everything we could do at home on our wireless...Sometimes depending on our location while trying to use it was just a little slower.

Good to know! I’m on Explorer next week and need internet to complete an exam for work. I can handle sitting by the pool if I have to 😁 

We're on Explorer for a B2B mid March...Hoping the connection is good enough to stream. Purchased Voom Surf-n-Stream and hopefully the location of my OS might help. Fingers crossed !!

We were just on Navigator and had no problems at all...no buffering.

Edited by Ashland

We had a solid signal two weeks ago from our aft balcony. Had surf and stream but we didn't try to watch live TV. All of my usual sites loaded as expected on a Royal ship.

As stated above, pool deck also had a good signal, as well as outdoors on deck 4. I never experienced a loss of wifi that week but the system wasn't taxed due to the low passenger number.