Azamara Dining Options

lhcruzin

I was considering an Azamara cruise.  However it is important to us that we don’t eat too late.  Can someone explain to me how the dining options onboard work ?  Can one do dinner on their own schedule?  Or are there seatings that are assigned ?  

1 hour ago, lhcruzin said:

I was considering an Azamara cruise.  However it is important to us that we don’t eat too late.  Can someone explain to me how the dining options onboard work ?  Can one do dinner on their own schedule?  Or are there seatings that are assigned ?  

No assigned seatings for main dining room, patio or Windows.

If you choose to dine in Prime C or Aqualina (specialties), you will make a reservation.

Hi,

are the special dining options open for lunch as well or dinner only? What are the opening hours? I read that these options are very much liked by the passengers and to get reservations can be difficult. Wondering if that could be solved with opening hours from noon to evening. Actually I prefer to have a quite early dinner and have an evening stroll at land afterwards , late departure provided of course.

cheers

MouseBerry 

55 minutes ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

are the special dining options open for lunch as well or dinner only? What are the opening hours? I read that these options are very much liked by the passengers and to get reservations can be difficult. Wondering if that could be solved with opening hours from noon to evening. Actually I prefer to have a quite early dinner and have an evening stroll at land afterwards , late departure provided of course.

cheers

MouseBerry 

These choices are very much a personal preference. We go to specialty dining when the Main Dining Room menu is not of interest. The menu in the MDR is normally quite good but we prefer the waiters there. In general we have found them to have more personality and we have a more pleasant meal because of them then with the sometimes 'stuffy' Specialty Dining Room atmosphere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

cheers

MouseBerry 

The specialty dining rooms are generally only open at night, unless there is a special lunch. I think one of them was open for breakfast for suite guests on my December cruise, but probably just a COVID thing 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GlobalMethod said:

These choices are very much a personal preference. We go to specialty dining when the Main Dining Room menu is not of interest. The menu in the MDR is normally quite good but we prefer the waiters there. In general we have found them to have more personality and we have a more pleasant meal because of them then with the sometimes 'stuffy' Specialty Dining Room atmosphere.

I agree. There are some really sweet waiters in the specialities but others are automatons delivering speeches for effect (and r tra tips) …... let me introduce myself my name is xxx……. Yes you told us the other day and the last cruise and last year’s cruise 😂.

I do find the MDR a much more relaxed experience and often more “genuine” wait staff. Sometimes the food is better as well. Now they have added so many tables to the specialities it can be hard some days to have a quiet meal a deux which you want up there. We always get the life story tellers beside us. 
But some nights an Aqualina or Prime C dinner hits the perfect spot. It’s as global method said a personal thing. Your experience may differ! 

• Like 4

Reservations at Aqualina or Prime C are not terribly difficult to get. They cannot be booked in advance. There will be a couple of desks the day of embarkation, and you can see what's available and book then. I've never had a problem getting a reservation, but we eat pretty late for Americans and we're flexible on dates.

• Like 1

The Patio was mentioned by takemewithyou and that is definitely a good option for you for a night or two.  It carries no additional charge, has a good menu and located outside under cover is a very nice ambience. You say you prefer to eat early and The Patio is better for early dining. Just turn up to get a seat so if you've been out touring all day it's ideal. 

Congratulations!  I hope you enjoy Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 4

We prefer The Patio for dining in the evening. It was not open in the evening cruise on our November 2021 cruises. The menu is usually simple with some nightly specials. In the past, we were always able to find a table, order quickly, eat our dinner and be on to something else like stargazing.

I like to mix and match a bit. Came off Journey last week and of the 10 nights did 2 x speciality, 2 x Discoveries and 6 in Windows - was a-la-carte and different themes, managed 4 outdoors and 2 inside. (Patio was not open in the evening) Food and staff great everywhere.

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 6