Yikes, 11:15am flight out of FLL after Freedom Cruise Easter Sunday, is this doable?

doxiegal

Southwest Air changed my flights for the 3rd time yesterday. Which was once a 4:50pm flight out of FLL has now been changed to a 11:15am flight on Easter Sunday. If we take our own luggage off the ship, doing self disembarkation, asap Sunday morning, grab a taxi, should we able to make this flight? Normally, I wouldn't take it, but my options are beginning to get really limited, and to change flights on SW is several hundred dollars more each person and there are 4 of us.

On a Sunday you're fine.  Obviously self disembark and Uber/cab from POM to FLL at the earliest opportunity.  No leisurely breakfast in MDR!

And to clarify a possible misconception from post #2, POM is a good 30 minute drive to FLL. They may have been thinking Port Everglades up in Lauderdale, not currently being used at all by Carnival.

But you're fine.  Have fun.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, doxiegal said:

Southwest Air changed my flights for the 3rd time yesterday. Which was once a 4:50pm flight out of FLL has now been changed to a 11:15am flight on Easter Sunday. If we take our own luggage off the ship, doing self disembarkation, asap Sunday morning, grab a taxi, should we able to make this flight? Normally, I wouldn't take it, but my options are beginning to get really limited, and to change flights on SW is several hundred dollars more each person and there are 4 of us.

You may want to check with Southwest again. In my experience, when Southwest makes a change to your scheduled flight, and the new schedule does not work for you, they will allow you to change to any other flight on the same day without paying extra...even if the newly selected flight is selling for more than your original flight time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

The FLL airport is about 10 minutes away from the port.  You'll be fine.

NO IT IS NOT! The OP is on Carnival Freedom sailing out of the Port of Miami. There are exactly zero Carnival ships sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale these days.

• Like 1

Like someone else posted when Southwest makes a change to your itinerary they give you a short time frame to rebook to an alternate flight regardless of price. I have done this numerous times in the last 6 months to my advantage. I got to change to non stop and prime times that I didn't want to pay for to book originally.

45 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

Southwest goes to Miami now so you may be able to change the airport if needed. They just started last November.

Love SWA.  Avoid MIA if you can.  Just did it. Thumbs down big time.

Honestly, I think you’ll be fine. We usually don’t book before noon, but that’s just because I don’t want the stress. Every time we’ve had plenty of time at the airport. Even one the security lines were pretty long at FLL but they moved quickly and it wasn’t a problem. We did self assist off the ship last time we flew FLL but cruised out of Miami, took a shared shuttle, and we were so early to the airport we couldn’t check our luggage.

If SWA changed your flight, you can pick a flight that works for you at NO CHARGE!! It can be done online.  When you pull up your flight, you should see the option to make a change.  If not call them.

As for making a 11:15 flight....I wouldn't try.  We are frequent flyers and cruisers and have made this early flight once.  Not worth the stress and FLL has been extra busy the past few months.