Medallion Net Wifi Question

Cowala

New to the Medallion Net so have two questions for you seasoned cruisers:

1) If I purchase Medallion Net Wifi for single device (think it's like $69.93 for the voyage), can I switch between devices as long as only 1 is connected at a time?

2) If I don't purchase the Medallion Net Wifi, can I still use the MedallionClass app onboard the ship to use its features (like reserve dining, find my companions, see daily programs etc)?

Thanks all!

Edited by Cowala
  • Like 1

If I might ask, is Medallion Net the only internet service Princess offers?

For reference Celebrity offers a cheaper Basic Surf package and a more expense Xcelerate Streaming package which gives you more bandwidth which subsequently allows you to do a variety of more functions, especially in the social media area where folks like to do FaceTime, upload photos, access Cruise Critic forums, and stuff like that. If you purchase the cheaper Basic Surf package and there are over 1100 passengers, all you can do is check your email and check out simple websites.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For reference Celebrity offers a cheaper Basic Surf package and a more expense Xcelerate Streaming package which gives you more bandwidth which subsequently allows you to do a variety of more functions, especially in the social media area where folks like to do FaceTime, upload photos, access Cruise Critic forums, and stuff like that. If you purchase the cheaper Basic Surf package and there are over 1100 passengers, all you can do is check your email and check out simple websites.

there is only one level of internet service on Princess...the options are 1 device (& yes you can switch devices as long as only one is connected at a time) or multi (4) devices (this is the price of 2 single device plans & you can share it with anyone you wish...for our Hawai'i cruise I used both my computer & phone & my sister & BIL each used their phones...speed was good, I was able to Zoom with audio & video & anything else I wished to

9 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Princess no longer has the Basic.  They have what you are calling Xcelerate.  But speeds do vary depending on where the ship is.  IDK which line is faster/better from performance perspective.