Embarkation time

mancunian

Have just received “important notice” from Seabourn saying that embarkation time has been now been set or altered.   It has an enclosure which basically says the same thing but still omits the time.  Look at My Seabourn or source app.   I have done and clearly I am stupid because still cannot find the time.   

Do Seabourn try to make things difficult.  Any suggestions as to where it is hidden.  This is for Encore cruise on 11 March

Look at your booking, then in guest registration go to your final documents and you will find it there. I am having trouble opening my booking on the app but have just checked ours on my pc. We haven't had the "important notice" from Seabourn but out boarding time is there.

• Like 1

I would not worry , they will change the time before you leave anyway. They like spread out the time of arrival so that lateral flow tests have time but they are not over strict about arrival times as flights get delayed etc etc.

Is the boarding time assigned?  I have always just shown up and have always pretty much walked on board. We usually get there pretty early - noon to 1 PM- I like to have a nice lunch on board to get the party started!

Is this a Covid thing?

17 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

Is the boarding time assigned?  I have always just shown up and have always pretty much walked on board. We usually get there pretty early - noon to 1 PM- I like to have a nice lunch on board to get the party started!

Is this a Covid thing?

Started with covid. Others are correct in that it will 'update'. It's published on the site that it will update 4 times after the 1st assignment:

Assigned check-in times will be processed initially at approximately 50 days prior to sailing. Updates will be processed again at 21, 14, 7 and 3 days prior to sailing. If the time shows "To Be Assigned" it will be assigned with the next update processed for the sailing based on the above cadence of assignments.

Edited by mraven

We're about to board our second cruise in the post-Covid-stop era, and while I absolutely understand why they want to schedule boarding times to spread out the arrival and testing of passengers, I cannot understand why they have this system which requires boarding groups/times to be updated 5 times. Can anyone offer any explanation for that? For our cruise which departs this coming Saturday, we've been in Group C, then Group A, and as of today, Group B. And we might change again while we're at the airport on our way. For everyone who has to plan hotel departures and taxi/car/tour drop-offs at the pier, changing the times every week is problematic — and ultimately leads some people to simply ignore the last time they are assigned. What is changing between three weeks, two weeks, one week and three days that they need to shuffle people around like this? 

Separate from the why, the "how" they do this is ridiculous. As @mancunian notes, each passenger gets a customized email from Seabourn; it has our name, our suite number, a copy of our update itinerary — but not the boarding time. For that, you need to go to the website, login, go to Online Guest Registration, click on Docs, download the "Boarding pass" PDF document, and scroll to page 3 to see your assigned boarding time. Why not just include it in the email they're sending??

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

I think we may have to be patient. I cannot see them being able to disembark everyone, sanitize and clean the ship, deal with all the testing , embarkation and get Guests on in time for lunch.

Well, Group A boards at 12:30 and Group B at 1:00, so lunch should be viable for at least some people boarding; perhaps not if people are scheduled for 2:30 or 3:00.

1 hour ago, purpleally said:

I am still getting conflicting messages if we will be tested at the pier. Miami.

The first thing on the Seabourn web page for departures from US ports says:

What requirements must be completed prior to boarding?

1. Negative COVID-19 Test: Negative, medically observed, COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 2 days of embarkation.

It later gives the reasoning: "In an abundance of caution and in response to the increasing number of cases of COVID-19 caused by the variants of concern such as the Delta and Omicron variant, as well as evidence that vaccinated people can become infected and can spread COVID-19, we are implementing these additional mandatory testing requirements."

And then states: "Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative, medically observed, viral COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board. Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative pre-travel test."

That all seems pretty straightforward to me: assuming you are vaccinated, as nearly all guests must be, you must get the test yourself before arrival, and you will not be tested again at the pier. This is different language than appears on the pages for other departure ports. 

Where are you seeing conflicting messages about this?

I don't have a screenshot of the seabourn site from before our January 30 cruise out of  Miami, but it looks the same as what is there now. However, we were tested at the pier in addition to the proof of a test within 2 days. We weren't surprised because it was reported here on CC.