Has anyone done the Switch health antigen tests (the telehealth one)

DHLuCruise

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It's not a call, it's a connection over the Internet. As long as you have access, you can connect from anywhere you travel, including at sea.

Take a look at the antigen instruction manual to get a better feel for what is involved: https://files.switchhealth.ca/Switch-Health_COVID-19_Rapid-Antigen_Instruction-Manual_English.pdf

i don't have a switch health test. i am using on of the free ones given out last month. no instructions . acculab 

12 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Also if you want to be sure yoj can email

them. I did for a question about using one test per person in the kit. They responded quickly. 

emails take days to receive a reply from acculab. ugh

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It's not a call, it's a connection over the Internet. As long as you have access, you can connect from anywhere you travel, including at sea.

Take a look at the antigen instruction manual to get a better feel for what is involved: https://files.switchhealth.ca/Switch-Health_COVID-19_Rapid-Antigen_Instruction-Manual_English.pdf

thanks yes..zoom call.

1 hour ago, teresaluk said:

i don't have a switch health test. i am using on of the free ones given out last month. no instructions . acculab 

If you are going to use one of the free ones, you need a company that will proctor your test and give you an official result, if you plan to use it to come back to Canada, and they will charge you for that. You can't just do your own test.

1 hour ago, teresaluk said:

The free ones are really meant for you to do at home for your own peace of mind, they’re not really intended for travel border crossing requirements.  

I have seen some companies like Azova that will proctor (supervise online)  your at-home test for you for a fee without requiring you to buy their specific test, but that’s a little more chancy in my opinion that just ordering the Switch Health Antigen tests that include the online supervision in the price of the test.  

Finding some company to supervise that free at-home test may save you up to $20 per test, but the hidden cost is that you may not know until it’s too late if that test and proctoring company are accepted for the border crossing…

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

The free ones are really meant for you to do at home for your own peace of mind, they’re not really intended for travel border crossing requirements.  

I have seen some companies like Azova that will proctor (supervise online)  your at-home test for you for a fee without requiring you to buy their specific test, but that’s a little more chancy in my opinion that just ordering the Switch Health Antigen tests that include the online supervision in the price of the test.  

Finding some company to supervise that free at-home test may save you up to $20 per test, but the hidden cost is that you may not know until it’s too late if that test and proctoring company are accepted for the border crossing…

I considered the same and landed at the same conclusion. 

plus I found Walmart does them cheaper than that and I’m more confident it will be accepted. 

I have an SDM backup. 

and worse comes to worse, I’ll use my SwitchHealth  tests meant for my return trip and try to order replacements when I get to the Us through a US company. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Atlantic Girl said:

Beforehand you register yourself and also any other family members as dependants. Basically you set up an account . Then when you are ready to test, you call and they put you in the queue. You should already have your test strip out with the QR code sticker attached. Place it in front of you so the proctor can see both you and the test strip. 

Just wondering should I set up the account as soon as I receive my kit or when I am about to do the test? Also, I gather it is a 24 hour service? 

I just returned from a cruise and used the Switch LAMP PCR test while onboard to return to Canada (I had already purchased this one when the PCR was still required). I registered and set up my account on ASMO as soon as I received the kit but didn't open the box until ready to do the test. The service is 24/7 and I had no issue connecting using the ship internet. I opted to take the test 2 days prior to returning to Canada (well within the 72 hour time range, but with the plan of having the ship deal with quarantine requirements should I have tested positive onboard). The test itself took about 8 minutes and was an easy process - proctor had me scan the QR code, show ID, gave step by step instructions for the test and then told me I would need to take a photo of the result and upload it to the site. The result did not register until exactly 15 minutes (as I was told) and it was easy to take the picture and upload it. The certificate was emailed very quickly after uploading the picture. Fast and seamless and nice to have the peace of mind that I could relax and enjoy my last two days without stressing about where to get tested. An added bonus (?!) was that when I was randomly selected for arrival testing in Toronto, my account was already set up so I didn't have to register again...Kind of crazy to think that in the space of 8 days I had FOUR Covid tests - I must be the safest person in Canada right now!

• Like 3