Oceania Nautica - rooms question

HoldenBeachGal

So a friend got a great travel brochure from her alma mater and we will be taking an Oceania cruise about a year from now around Japan.  Sounds amazing and Oceania sounds like a great cruise line (I'm usually a Roya Caribbean fan).    My question is, has anyone had the port hole window rooms on deck 3?  The rooms we initially agreed on were sold out, and the next rooms up were about $1800 more.  Getting VERY pricey.  We went ahead and took the port hole, and today I notice that where we are, Deck 3, is the  primary tendering area.  Nooooo!  Has anybody had a simiar room in a tendering area that can tell me how bad it is?   Or is it loud when the ship is docking or pulling out of port?    I really don't want to step it up to the higher level if we can avoid it, and an interior room is a "deal breaker" for my friend.  Any information??  

• Like 1

I have been in one of those Deck 3 rooms.  They are VERY quiet.  Since the hallway does not go through, you can only access from one end. That eliminates any traffic other than those who are in those rooms.  The downside is they are dark since the port hole is not huge so not a lot of natural light.  

If you could stand a small cabin try one of the E cabins on Deck 6  they are behind the lifeboats  but you can ay least get some light  with some of them

Downside is they 143 Sq Ft  & you may have crew outside the window some days 😉

I have been on both  4 near Reception and 6030, the small partially obstructed 143sf cabin on 6              If you can do without a sofa, 6030 or the forward one across hall was my favorite of cheapies but sell out fast. I got a cancellation.

Our first three cruises we were in either 6033 (starboard) or 6030 (port), the most forward of the category E partially-obstructed cabins on Deck 6. The picture window is huge so you have a lot of light, and the only obstruction is the davit holding the small zodiac, which is below the window level. The cabin is small indeed but we spent little time there, and the location was excellent, close to the forward elevators and a good mid-ships choice for queasy sailor me. 

Edited by CintiPam

On 2/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, HoldenBeachGal said:

So a friend got a great travel brochure from her alma mater and we will be taking an Oceania cruise about a year from now around Japan.  Sounds amazing and Oceania sounds like a great cruise line (I'm usually a Roya Caribbean fan).    My question is, has anyone had the port hole window rooms on deck 3?  The rooms we initially agreed on were sold out, and the next rooms up were about $1800 more.  Getting VERY pricey.  We went ahead and took the port hole, and today I notice that where we are, Deck 3, is the  primary tendering area.  Nooooo!  Has anybody had a simiar room in a tendering area that can tell me how bad it is?   Or is it loud when the ship is docking or pulling out of port?    I really don't want to step it up to the higher level if we can avoid it, and an interior room is a "deal breaker" for my friend.  Any information??  

Your post piqued my interest because my wife and I booked our first Oceania cruise for April 2023 through my college alma mater. We're really looking forward to it. This will be our first small ship/non mass market line. We booked an inside because it was the most affordable but also because my wife loves to nap and inside cabins are the best for sleep because, no light. We can't wait.

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Here's the "view" from Sierena 3003. Yes, it's quiet, small but liveable. Enjoy your cruise.

smaller than a PH yes  but same size as the C cabins

Depends on your outlook 😉

We have stayed in Deck 4 C1 cabins on 4 of our 8 Oceania cruises and found them to be very handy for a 10-14 day cruise.

A, B, C and D cabins & bathrooms on all R ships are all the same size except that C and D category have a window instead of a balcony. Sirena has 2 handicap cabins 4052 and 4056.

Advantages of Deck 4 is that it is the boarding on/off level when in port. It is 1 floor up to lounge (5) to get your excursion ticket and 1 deck down (3) for tendering. When coming back from tender you do not have to wait for an elevator.

C cabins have a large ledge below the square window (which I get) while she gets most of the the limited closet and drawer space.

Edited by ICT lineman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ICT lineman said:

We have stayed in Deck 4 C1 cabins on 4 of our 8 Oceania cruises and found them to be very handy for a 10-14 day cruise.

Everyone has different prioroties

We have done a couple of 30 + day cruises in the Deck 4 C 1 cabins

We are usually out & about most of the day so not really too bad

DH  has never had to resort to usually the window well for his clothing he has the desk drawers plus some closet space  😉

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

A World Cruise still costs right at 100k in the smallest room on Insignia, just couldn't spend half a year in one of those, even if I could afford it. 

not sure I could spend 6 mths on the smaller ships unless I could get a PH or OS

but that is me 

LHT28  :: ”We have done a couple of 30 + day cruises in the Deck 4 C 1 cabins. We are usually out & about most of the day so not really too bad. DH  has never had to resort to usually the window well for his clothing he has the desk drawers plus some closet space.”

We have done a 20-day cruise in a C1 and, like you, rarely are in the cabin during the day. For the $, a C1 on a R ship or a C cabin on an O ship is more than adequate for our needs. Just wish there was more closet and drawer space in A, B and C cabins on O ships.

Our next 2022 Oceania cruise(s) are April 22-days in an A2 (category upgrade) on a R ship followed by September 38-days in a PH1 on an R ship (using FCC) then in February 2023 38-days in a PH2 on an O ship …waitlisted for OC.

Before and after Oceania cruises are 2 on Regent. 10-days in Superior F2 and 30-days in Concierge E.

Edited by ICT lineman

11 minutes ago, ICT lineman said:

LHT28  :: ”We have done a couple of 30 + day cruises in the Deck 4 C 1 cabins. We are usually out & about most of the day so not really too bad. DH  has never had to resort to usually the window well for his clothing he has the desk drawers plus some closet space.”

We have done a 20-day cruise in a C1 and, like you, rarely are in the cabin during the day. For the $, a C1 on a R ship or a C cabin on an O ship is more than adequate for our needs. Just wish there was more closet and drawer space in A, B and C cabins on O ships.

I guess I do not pack enough as we always have enough storage space  in the A,B & C cabin on both size ships 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, HoldenBeachGal said:

Cruising in Oct/Nov, so not in your cruise, but just wanted to say hello since I live in Charlotte and 50 years in Raleigh before that. Have fun!

—Cheri