No More Bathroom Cups?

icft

I am truly amazed! There are people who pack cups in their luggage to go on a cruise to avoid using the glasses put in the bathroom! I assume they also bring their own glasses for bartenders to fill and their own plates and knives and forks to eat. Geez, their luggage must weigh a ton! 🥤

• Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
57 minutes ago, icft said:

I am truly amazed! There are people who pack cups in their luggage to go on a cruise to avoid using the glasses put in the bathroom! I assume they also bring their own glasses for bartenders to fill and their own plates and knives and forks to eat. Geez, their luggage must weigh a ton! 🥤

340 gramsand 255 grams per cup, it was really stressful getting that up the ramp.

20 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

The CD use to make announcements for older gents.  If your BB's are sagging and you sit on the toilet while flushing, you can go down to Deck one to retrieve your BB's back.See the source image

19 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

It's not quite that strong, and there isn't a seal between the seat and the toilet.  Typical CD crude joke.

Not to mention that you can't be sitting on the toilet and flush at the same time.  The button is on the wall behind the toilet and you have to lower the lid to get to it.

Guest BasicSailor
14 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

Not to mention that you can't be sitting on the toilet and flush at the same time.  The button is on the wall behind the toilet and you have to lower the lid to get to it.

Damn, I've been sitting on it wrong.😳

On 2/22/2022 at 8:09 PM, icft said:

We got back from our latest cruise a couple of days ago and came across something we thought strange. When we got to our room we noticed there were no cups in the bathroom. There have always been two glass tumblers in the bathroom of past cruises so we though it was a oversight. When we next saw our steward we said the tumblers were not in the bathroom and she said they had done away with those. We expressed our surprise and the next day she had put two of the plastic cups from Lido deck in our bathroom. We are happy with that. They do the job and I have always been a bit nervous about glass in a hard surface bathroom

Is this for real? If so it is getting to where you can spend a hunk of your first day tracking down the things that used to already be in the room; like bathrobes already in the room, liters of water already in the room, pins etc. already in the room... 😀

Just ask your steward

On 2/24/2022 at 4:38 AM, RWolver672 said:

We'll all just have to forego the "courtesy flush" for the duration of our cruise. (It's actually healthier to flush with lid closed.)

No more glasses in the bathrooms? So now we need to pack the small Dixie or Solo cups, in addition to our own straws to use in cocktails instead of the nasty candy straws - and have to run all over the ship to get our water, pins, magnets, help with the HUB, help with the QR codes we can't scan, have to request ice, request bathrobes, make reservations for breakfast and dinner. What's in store for the future? Bring our own towels, bathmats, handsoap, coathangers, etc.

Sort of tongue-in-cheek, but not really. As Carnival implements more cost-cutting measures, I'm sure more of the services we've come to expect will be scaled back or totally eliminated. I feel sorry for the crew members, they're the ones who get the complaints and rants from unhappy passengers.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

No more glasses in the bathrooms? So now we need to pack the small Dixie or Solo cups, in addition to our own straws to use in cocktails instead of the nasty candy straws - and have to run all over the ship to get our water, pins, magnets, help with the HUB, help with the QR codes we can't scan, have to request ice, request bathrobes, make reservations for breakfast and dinner. What's in store for the future? Bring our own towels, bathmats, handsoap, coathangers, etc.

Sort of tongue-in-cheek, but not really. As Carnival implements more cost-cutting measures, I'm sure more of the services we've come to expect will be scaled back or totally eliminated. I feel sorry for the crew members, they're the ones who get the complaints and rants from unhappy passengers.

Let me voice my agreement with you before the virtue signalers tell you how regretting the loss of services you have always received makes you entitled scum with no regard for the hard working, underpaid crew.

• Like 1